Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Review: Image Ormedic Balancing Facial Cleanser

Greetings from the Dark Side!

Ever since I was in high school, I have used the same cleanser for my combination acne-prone skin. I used the Artistry Hydrating Cleanser, which I still absolutely love. But I felt it was time to move on and find something that would help a bit more with my acne and that would help my skin balance out. In October, I went to a spa and had a facial. The aesthetician recommended this organic cleanser for my troubled skin so I decided to give it a try. I started using it right away and I have been using it since. When trying out a skin care product, you should always give it at least a month before giving up on it. I have used it for about two months now, so I think I can give you all a clear and non-biased review of the Image Ormedic Balancing Facial Cleanser.




Image Skincare describes this products as an "Organic green tea and chamomile gel cleanser that lifts away makeup and impurities. This organic facial cleanser balances the PH of your skin and eliminates the need for a toner. A harmonizing blend of comfrey, calendula and rich botanicals that deliver essential nutrients to restore the skin natural balance. This organic facial cleanser leaves skin soft, hydrated, and naturally clean".


Like the description says, this is an organic gel cleanser with a fruity scent. It forms a nice lather when you massage it into your skin with a bit of water. A little goes a long way, and you only need a pea-size amount to cleanse your entire face. I'm usually not into cleansers like this because my skin tends to get very dry in certain areas and cleansers that lather up tend to be extremely drying. I have had a very good experience with this cleanser though. The lather helps to remove more makeup than my older cream cleanser, but it also doesn't dry my skin out. I have found that my T-zone doesn't get as oily as it used too, especially when I wear foundation. The pores on my nose look less clogged and over all look smaller. It is so exiting to not have to worry about blotting my T-zone a bunch of times throughout the day! I really hoped that this cleanser would help a bit with the breakouts I get, but sadly it has not. But it is not marketed for acne so I guessed I can't really blame the product.

The only negative thing I have to say about this cleanser is that it is a bit pricey at $28 a bottle. It seems like it will last quite a long time though. I have used it for two months day and night and I am only half-way through the bottle. That isn't too bad. But I have been trying to be more frugal lately, so it would have been great if this was cheaper.



Although I want to spend a little less money on a cleanser, I have been really happy with this Image cleanser. It has helped so much to balance my combination skin. My T-zone has been far less oily and clogged that it has been in a long time! It feels so great to be able to wear foundations meant for dry skin without having to worry about blotting my T-zone every 5 minutes. And although it hasn't helped my dry areas, it also hasn't made those areas any drier. I can say with confidence that I have found myself a new cleanser! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I have oily skin as well! I have been using Mario Badescu's Facial Spray as well as his Seaweed Cleansing soap, and i LOVE it! you should also give it a try ;) I have also noticed a difference in my skin as well. Very rejuvenating! I too will try out this cleanser you speak of :) Where can i purchase it, love?

    xo
    http://www.lipstickvillain.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy it in spas that carry this line (I bought mine at the spa I went to). Of course you can also buy it online.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^