Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Kill La Kill Series: Fight Club Mako

"Winning at friendship means winning at life!"

Mankanshoku Mako is by far my favorite character from Kill la Kill! She is so randomly awesome and cute! However, for a few moments in the serious we got to see her as a badass member of the Fight Club with her Two-Star goku uniform (the best uniform by far IMO). I loved seeing her in her goku uniform because she totally reminds me of some delinquent yakuza-ish anime character. Instead of doing something too neutral and cuteish, I decided to do a neutral look with a pop of blue, red, and a bit of black. This is a easy way to wear color AND it totally doubles as a subtle 4th of July look!



                                                                                                             Products Used                                                                                                
 
Eyes
-Wet n Wild 'Nude Awakening' Palette (satin bronze, matter brown, beige, sparkly black eyeshadows)
- Lime Crime 'Fly Dragon Fly' eyeshadow (red eyeshadow)
- Urban Decay 'Chaos' 24/7 Glide On Pencil (bright blue eyeliner)
- Wet n Wild 'Vanity' Palette (shimmery white gold)
- Kat Von D 'Trooper' Tattoo liquid liner
L'oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara
- Eyelure lashes


Face & Lips 
- Wet n Wild CoverAll Foundation
- The Body Shop Honey Bronzer
- Hard Candy 'Living Doll' Blush
- Lime Crime 'Coquette' lipstick

                                                                                                                      Tutorial                                                                                                       




1. Prime your lids. I used my Maybelline concealer as a primer and to give my lids a blank canvas.

2. With a flat shader brush, apply your favorite neutral eyeshadow. I used a beautiful bronze shade from my Wet n Wild 'Nude Awakening' palette.
 3. With a fluffy crease brush, apply a matte crease/blending color. I used a matte light brown from the same Wet n Wild palette.

4. With a matte or satin beige color, highlight the brow bone. I used a color from the same Wet n Wild palette.

5. Take a shimmering white gold eyeshadow and highlight the inner corner. I used a shade from the Wet n Wild 'Vanity' palette.

6. If you need to, fill in your brows. I used my Wet n Wild Ultimate Brow Kit.
 7. Line the waterline with a pop of bright blue. I used the UD 24/7 pencil in 'Chaos'.Mako's regular school uniform is blue and I wanted to incorporate the color in this look~

8. Next, take a red eyeshadow or liner and apply a little bit on the corner of the lid. I used the Lime Crime red eyeshadow. Mako's goku uniform has red spikes and I really wanted to add another pop of color to this look.

9. Apply a bit of black eyeshadow on the lower lash line. I used a color from the Wet n Wild palette. Her coat and hat are black, and this just deepens this look ever so slightly.

10. Add mascara, liquid liner, and lashes! You should not have a neutral look with two pops of bright colors! OOMPH!














                                                                                                                  Final Look                                                                 

Here's the final look! Oh and if you were not aware, I dyed my hair blue! I have no idea how long I will have the blue for, but for now, enjoy~ Also, don't mind the lipstick. It really washed me out in the photo for some reason even though in real life it looked just fine!


Thank you for reading!
     


1 comment:

  1. beautiful look and I love your blue hair! I miss my blue hair..and my pink, purple, and red hairrrr.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^