Thursday, February 10, 2011

NOTD: Sally Hansen's Strobe Light ans Oke.Doke's Pink This




Has anyone else had trouble finding OPI's new Katy Perry collection? I have visited several beauty supply stores with no avail :( I really wanted Teenage Dream, the light pink shimmer. It seems like everyone else wants it too. Either its sold out, or the store still has not received the polishes. And people on Ebay are really trying to make money with this one. I've seen some sold for over $20! That is kind of ridiculous.
Ahhrrgg! D:< I would have been pulling my hair out, but I had a friend in Texas who found it for me and sent it to me, although I have not received it yet. But I was so enraged at not being able to find it, that I went around looking for an alternative. I heard from many people to try out Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Strobe Light, #200. I heard it was close, although not an exact dupe. So I went to Rite Aid to get it, and I also found a new line of varnishes called Oke.Doke. I dont know if its just me, but it almost seems to be a knock off of Tokidoki. The name is kind of similar and the display has cartoon characters that remind me of Tokidoki. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. Anyways, I digress, I ended up picking up two of their colors, one in Purple Nurple (hehe) And the other in Pink This. They were $1.99 each, and they are actually really good quality. So, I got home and inspected my purchases. I applied Strobe Light on my nails, but comparing it to online swatches of Teenage Dream, I saw that they were kind of different. The major difference is the base of the polishes: Strobe Light has more of a clear colored base, where Teenage Dream is more of a pink base. So I searched through my nail polishes looking for a pink nail polish that I could put under Strobe Light. Then I realized that I had just purchased a pink color. So I put 1 coats of Pink This beneath 2 coats of Strobe Light. And Voila! I really loved how it turned out! Its still not an exact dupe, but its closer than Strobe Light alone. You can try different pink colors under and see which one works better for you.
Here are the nail polishes: Strobe Light (Left) and Pink This (Right)
Price: Strobe Light $2.99
Pink This $1.99


Hopefully this will be useful to some of you who missed out on Teenage Dream, or who are just looking to find a cheaper alternative.
<3 Yami~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^