Friday, May 25, 2012

Review: Sugarpill Heart Breaker Palette

Greetings Dark Siders!
I am extremely excited to share with you my first Sugarpill order ever! This very first epic haul was one of the most exciting purchases I have made in a long time. I have wanted to try Sugarpill for a very long time but I always stopped myself for some unknown reason. I keep scolding myself for not making an order sooner.

The latest craze amongst us bloggers has been the new Sugarpill palette, the Heart Breaker. When I first saw the promotional picture I knew I had to have it. So on Friday night, I stayed up waiting to make my order~ Shipping didn't take long since I live in Davis, California and I believe these were sent out from Oakland, California which is only about 1.5 hours away ♥  I want to share with you my thoughts and some swatchies of the new palette ^_^ I will review the other things I bought in a separate post!

Price and Availability

$34 on the Sugarpill website.


Packaging

The box it comes in is sooo cute!

Here is the actual palette. It has a blue heart and cross. The palette itself has a good amount of weight and it is very well made.

The colors! 

Swatches

Swatches on bare skin. Swatched twice with my fingers.
 

Review

Before I received my palette, I occupied myself by reading a lot of reviews on the palette. I saw some raves and some negative reviews as well. This is my first time trying Sugarpill so I had no previous experiences with their products to make any value judgements. My first impression came about when I was swatching the palette for the first time. To me, these are all very pigmented and they swatched very nicely. Acidberry and Mochi swatched the best for me. Velocity was a little patchy and it required one more pass than the rest of the shades just to even it out, but it is very pigmented. 2am is not patchy like Velocity, but it is a little more sheer than the rest. Once used on the eyes though, these all did amazingly. Mochi is by far my favorite! ♥
Acidberry took slightly more work to apply on the eyes than when swatched, but nothing that would deter me from using the color or loving the palette. Velocity is beautiful, but it does take more work to blend in than the rest of the other three shades. 2am looks so much better on the eyes than when swtached!! 
I personally love all the colors in the palette. Acidberry and Mochi are unique to my collection. I have something similar to Velocity but it is a loose powder and it is nice to have something in pan form. I have so many purples, but 2am is kind of refreshing. It is much more muted than my other shades and it has a beautiful, yet subtle aqua shimmer.

To sum up...

PROS:
-Lovely color selection
-All four colors have good pigmentation, although they vary slightly
-Amazing staying power (don't need a primer for all day wear) 
-NO fallout at all!
-For the most part, the shades are unique to my eyeshadow collection
-Shipping was very fast, everything was well packaged (plus free pigment sample and sticker!)
-Cute and durable packaging

CONS:
-Velocity is very pigmented, but it can a little patchy and hard to blend
-2am could be a little more pigmented


Palette in Action!

Here is a quick look where I used all four colors:
Acidberry-inner half of the lid and lower lash line
Mochi- outer half of lash line
Velocity-small amount blended into the crease
2am- on my eyebrows
and also Buttercupcake- on the inner corner



Verdict

I adore all the colors in the palette. The eyeshadows are not 100% perfect because they do have their small problems. But overall, these are really magnificent. I am super, super happy with the quality, price, shipping and everything. I am already in love with Acidberry and Mochi, especially together they look amazing! 

Rating: 9/10


Have you tried this palette? If not, have you lusted over it?

25 comments:

  1. yayayayayay! so exciting! i'm glad you got this palette, bc its the only one i didnt get & i was unsure whether or not i wanted it (wtf, i know) but now i know i need it. The look you did with these is beautiful!! looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yeah it is really great. I also got the Burning Heart palette and I think they are both phenomenal!

      Delete
  2. such a pretty palette, i would love to see your makeup collection and storage ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Storage is pretty much non-existant right now ;D
      I am moving in the next month or so, I am planning on revamping my storage and organization! I will definitely do a post then~

      Delete
  3. I like that palette a lot once swatched. Imo the black background of the palette makes the colors seem less vibrant than they are! They're not nearly as bright as some of Sugarpill's other shadows, but they don't do justice until applied imo. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too. I was worried that they wouldn't be all that bright. Compared to the Burning Heart palette, which I also bough, it is not as bright. But they are still really fun ^_^

      Delete
  4. Oooh i love the colours of Velocity, 2am and Mochi! I think Velocity and Mochi would look really great together. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH my yes! They would. I used Velocity in the crease with Mochi and it looked fabulous.

      Delete
  5. Wow! They look amazing! I want to get them now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how well the colors look paired together! Very versatile. :)
    BTW, 2am sorta looks like the purple from the NARS Eurydice duo... do you by any chance own it? To compare and stuffs. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do :D I can do a comparison post and try to see if I have dupes of any of all the four colors!

      Delete
  7. I love the colours, especially mochi, they're so bright and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! It seems most people are loving Mochi!

      Delete
  8. i really want to try out sugar pill but don't want to pay so much T.T

    http://dear-diary.dawnelia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I think that is the reason it took me slong to make an order. But it is really worth it. The eyeshadows are really pigmented and you get a lot of product.

      Delete
  9. I just got mine the mail yesterday. I'm glad to see you liked it. I;m going to play with mine today =p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am curious to see what you think about it. I definitely still experimenting with mine as well!

      Delete
  10. This palette looks absolutely great ! and I love the look you came up with =) I own only 1 Sugarpill eyeshadow and I've been really impressed wit the quality !

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling~
      Yeah I am really impressed too!

      Delete
  11. The palette is so cuteeee, I love Mochi!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your eye creation!! It's magnificent!! The only thing that's stopping me from getting a sugarpill palette is that I have this silly personal rule of 5 shadows minimum per palette, otherwise, I feel it's a waste of space and I will never ever travel with it lol... that's why I love my Urban Decay & NYX palettes, they always pack 10 haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. These shades look amazing, and your EOTD is just gorgeous!! You're making me seriously want this palette now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^