Wednesday, June 12, 2013

First Impression: Sephora Ariel Storylook Palette

Greetings from the Dark Side! 

I am excited to show you a first look of the new Sephora Disney Storylook Palette. This is Volume 3 and it is based on Ariel from The Little Mermaid. The Little Mermaid is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies, and the Hans Christian Andersen version is my favorite fairy tale. So as you could imagine, I was very thrilled to see Sephora release an Ariel collection. So without further adieu, here is my first impression of the Ariel Storylook Palette~


                                                                         Packaging                                                                        

If you have seen the Cinderella or Jasmine palette, you have an idea of the packaging is like. The palette comes inside a box. The outer box is really cute actually, and you can see it in the photo below:



 Once you take out the outer box, you are left with another box. This one conatains the actual eyeshadows and it is part of the packaging for the palette. It is a bit different from the other two palettes because it has a holographic-like effect. It is hard to see in the photos, but you can see it in person. Overall, I really love the packaging. I love how they have Ariel at the bottom of the ocean while looking up at the stream of sunlight that comes from above. I think it captures the essence of who Ariel is really well.  You might also noticed that the quote for this palette is "Dare to Dream". I love that each palette has its own quote. It makes the product a little more special ♥



                                                                       Eyeshadows                                                                       

 The inside of the palette is most like the Cinderella palette; this version does not come with a blush and bronzer like the Jasmine palette. It comes with four rows of five eyeshadows, making a total of 20 colors. Personally, I prefer having five more eyeshadows than to have a blush and a bronzer. So for me, it works out that it is like the Cinderella palette.


*All colors were swatched twice over bare skin.








                                                                     First Impression                                                                 
The palette is not only pretty, but the eyeshadows are pigmented and smooth. The only colors that gave me problems were Flounder, Sebastian, and Unfortunate Souls but that is probably because they are sheer mattes (they look like they would be best as crease colors or blending colors). Sea Witch was also a little problematic because it had a rough texture, but it is pigmented so I can work with it.

I really love how the palette has a great mixture of finishes and of colors. There are mattes, frosts, glittery shimmers, and satins. There are also neutrals and bright colors. I see this as a palette that would be amazing for those of you who like both neutrals and bright colors and who like to incorporate both when creating eye looks.

Let me point out my favorite color: Caspian Sea. This is the color of this palette. It is what you would think to be a "mermaid" color. I am glad they did not skip out on this color, it would have been a shame not to have a mermaid-like eyeshadow in the Ariel palette! But now that I think about it, I really like all the colors in the palette. Ursula is probably the only color I am not loving, but maybe I will change my mind once I actually apply it on my eyelids!


Now that you see swatches and photos of the palette, what do you think of it? Is this worth the money to you?



19 comments:

  1. Such a pretty palette!The blues and greens are especially stunning ^_^ You don't often see green shade like that, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Están taaaan hermosos los tonos y el empaque de ensueño, son toda una joya estas colecciones de princesas de Disney :D

    barbarellamaquill-arte.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  3. those shades are really stunning. I never thought that sephora palettes are highly pigmented. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Sephora products have really gotten better recently. I thought the same before trying these Disney palettes.

      Delete
  4. This is gorgeous! I'm going to be getting this palette soon. I wanted to get it right when it came out, but I wasn't paying much attention to the release date, lol. I'm in love with Caspian Sea as well, and Blue Lagoon is amazing. Can't wait to pick this palette up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are seriously amazing!! I'm not huge on eyeshadows, but this palette sold me! How much was it?? I wonder if I could justify this purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What amazing colours! I can't wait to see the looks you come up with using this palette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This palette is much prettier than I expected. I really love the Caspian Sea color the most. Great swatches! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caspian Sea looks beautiful~ I actually love the look of the Ursula shadow. It looks really interesting and could bring a great twist to some standard smokey eyes~ I want this palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true :D I am looking forward to trying it out!

      Delete
  9. I had high hopes for the Jasmine palette but have to say that I like the colors in this one more. Betting it's because I have such a fondness for things in the blue-to-green color spectrum haha. Caspian Sea steals the show for me for sure! I love Jetsam as well but it sorta reminds me of a VDC color I already have.

    In fact, it'd be interesting to see what dupes you've got in your repertoire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Caspian Sea is such a jewel!
      As far as dupes, I am sure I have some colors that are close to the above. Jetsam to me looks like VDC's Death Star in the swatches, but it actually has more purple shimmers in it. So I think it is like a mix of Death Star and Ewok Pajama Party (I don't know if you own those particular colors). I can try and find some dupes for the colors in this palette, but it might take a while because my makeup stash is currently in disarray!

      Delete
  10. Oh my. Those colours are amazing.
    I need to find a way to get my hands on this palette, there's actually not one colour in there I didn't drool over.

    Juyey xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh lovely colours! Looks like an adorable palette!

    Emma x
    http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is the most awesome thing ever! i loooovee disney princesses, and ariel is up there on my list of favorites. all these colors are incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. eee so lovely! i heard this is the last disney collection though :(
    caspian sea is definitely an eye catcher! so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love pops of eyeshadow color and any excuse to wear them during the day time. I’ll probably tote this palette for my dream tropical island honeymoon. A girl can dream.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^