Sunday, April 13, 2014

World of Warcraft Series: Deathwing

"And all will burn beneath the shadow of my wings..."

I am quite excited to show you my Deathwing inspired look! Deathwing is one of the Dragon Aspects from World of Warcraft, the MMORPG game. Deathwing the Destroyer is described as a "massive monstrosity before you rises up like a black, crag-covered mountain of scales and hide. The head is a spade-like terror spiked with cruel red eyes that shine with a frightening malevolence. Rivulets of lava and magma are visible beneath the great wyrm’s scorched scales" (source). I wanted to use black, red, and orange for this look and I am pretty happy with the result! I hope you all like it as well!

Source


                                                                                      Products Used                                                                              
 Eyes
- Prestige Total Intensity black pencil eyeliner
- Victorian Disco Cosmetics 'Susuwatari' and 'Fury Fury'
- Sugarpill 'Love+' and 'Tako' eyeshadow'
- Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
- Fyrinnae 'Rapunzel Had Extensions'
- Shiro Cosmetics 'Girl on Fire' and 'Chiefest of Calamities'
- Kat Von D Tattoo liquid liner
L'oreal Voluminous mascara
- Ardell lashes


Face & Lips 
- Wet n Wild Cover All Foundation
- NYC 'Sunny' Bronzer
- Hourglass 'Diffused Light' Ambient Powder
- OCC 'Beta' Lip Tar + Lime Crime 'Styletto' lipstick  (mixed together)


                                                                                Tutorial                                                                     



1. Start of by applying a primer and/or a black base. I just went ahead and used my black Prestige eyeliner to create a black base. Make sure to blend the black base a little bit.




2. Use a black eyeshadow to set the black base. Concentrate on the inner and outer areas of the lid (leaving the center without any black powder eyeshadow). I used  Victorian Disco Cosmetics 'Susuwatari' eyeshadow.

3. With a large fluffy brush, apply a red eyeshadow on the edges of the black and blend it in really well. I used Sugarpill's 'Love+' eyeshadow.




4. Apply a sticky base on the center of the lid. I used Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy. Make sure to only use a small amount.

5. With a flat brush, apply a sparkly firey orange. I am using Victorian Disco Cosmetics 'Fury Fury' and Shiro Cosmetics 'Girl on Fire' eyeshadows (mixed together).

6. Line the water line with a black pencil.
7. Smudge the outer half of the lower lash line with black eyeshadow.
8. Use a bit of a tacky base (Pixie Epoxy) on the lower lash line to apply Shiro Cosmetics 'Chiefest of Calamities' eyeshadow on the center of the lower lash line.
9. Apply a gold highlighting eyeshadow on the center of the lid. I used Fyrinnae's 'Rapunzel Has Extensions'.
10. Add liquid liner, mascara, and lashes.







                                                                      Final Look                                                                         


Thank you for reading!
     




14 comments:

  1. Nice makeup!you re so pretty!
    I love the colors!
    Have agreat week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you translated Deathwing perfectly. I love the contrast of the black with the orange - amazing look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Stacey! I also really love the black and orange together!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous, and going from the picture and description of Deathwing you really captured the character! I've always been curious about WoW, but it seemed like a lot of money to spend. Then again, dragons...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well I don't play it anymore but I did in the past. It is quite nostalgic for me!

      Delete
  4. wow you look so gorgeous! i love this look. I really wanted to participate in WoW month! I'm so sad work is so crazy this month :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 Aww that it too bad! You would have done such a great job with these looks!

      Delete
  5. Why are you so amazing? I really love the eyeshadows you've used for this look!

    www.lacy-rose.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^