Thursday, September 13, 2012

FOTD and EOTD: Maybelline 'Sea Sprite' Palette

Greetings from the Dark Side!

Following up with the posts I've done using the stuff from the Maybelline Fall 2012 collection that I purchased, I wanted to dedicate a post to the Sea Sprite palette. The Sea Sprite palette is the most "colorful" product from the collection. It deviates from the earthy/neutral tones. Instead it is a green and gold palette, to which I was attracted to because I love golds and greens with my brown eyes. But unfortunately, it ended up being a little disappointing.






FOTD
I used:
-Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'Barely Beige' (as a base)
-Maybelline 'Sea Sprite' Palette (all the colors)
     -white-gold in the inner corner
     -gold on the lid
     -shimmery emerald on the crease
     -dark forest green on the lower lash line
-Milani Liquif'Eye black eyeliner (water line and lash line)
-Prestige My Biggest Lashes mascara
-Revlon Whipped Foundation



 Excuse my crazy hair...!

EOTD

I used:
-Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'Mossy Green' (as a base)
-Maybelline 'Sea Sprite' Palette 
     -dark forest green on the lid and lower lash line
     -emerald green on the crease 
     -gold on the inner corner
     -white-gold on the brow bone
-Dolly Wink liquid liner
-Milani Liquif'Eye black eyeliner
-Prestige My Biggest Lashes Mascara


Overall, this palette was okay. It is not as good as the other Maybelline Studio Palettes I have tried. I was a little disappointed in the pigmentation of the colors and the fact that they did not show up that great on my eyelid. I had to pack on the colors a lot in order to get a descent pigmentation. I would not recommend this palette from the Fall 2012 collection. The other two I tried, Cozy Cashmere and Olive Martini are so much better. This is not a proper review, but I say skip it unless you really love the colors.

Thank you for reading ♥
See you next time!

5 comments:

  1. girllllllll i almost bought Sea Sprite today! Glad i didn't now. love the look you did with it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bummer it isn't the level of pigmentation we expect. Your hair color is sweet though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of the maybelline studio palettes!!! The colors always melt so perfectly into each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want it just for the whiteish color and the seafoam green. >:( Sad that it's not great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^