Thursday, February 14, 2013

Weekly Haul: MAC, Mon Ennui, Covergirl

Greetings from the Dark Side :)

The recent release of the MAC Archie Girl's collection had me curious, so I went to MAC for the first time in a very long while. I am in still on my No-Buy, so I knew I was going to have to be careful. I walked out with a few purchases which I wanted to share, along with a few other purchases from this week. 

MAC Purchases
My MAc purchases include Betty Bright lipstick ($16.50), the Prolong Wear concealer ($18.00), MAC Paint Pot in Let's Skate ($18.50), and the lip pencils in Magenta ($15.00) and What a Blast! ($19.50). If you add everything up, you might be thinking that I went over my weekly makeup budget, but I will explain. After using the disaster that was the Revlon ColorStay concealer, I returned it and was left with zero concealers. One of my No-Buy rules is that I can buy products that I do not have without touching my the money in my "Makeup Bank" from my No-Buy rewards. The Prolong Wear concealer is thus excluded. The same goes for the lip pencils. I have one miserable lip pencil from NYX that is pink. I have no lip pencils to use with my other lip products and it has been hard to use the brighter lip products without a lip pencil. Thus I am also excluding the lip pencils from my No-Buy. The rest, though, will be subtracted from my "Makeup Bank" balance.


Here is the 'Let's Skate' paint pot. I LOVE MAC Paint Pots, but I always miss out on them because whenever they are released I never have money to buy them. I am glad they released colors recently and made them permanent! 'Let's Skate' in particular has been one of those  products that I really regreted not buying, so I am so glad to have it!

And the lipstick from the Archie's Girls collection in 'Betty Bright'. This lipstick is GORGEOUS!
 

Mon Ennui Cosmetics
If you are a fan of Mon Ennui, you might know that Vivi, the owner, is having brain surgery this month. To give my support while buying some awesome eyeshadows, I made a small order. I only have four other Mon Ennui eyeshadows, so it is nice to get some others. I purchased 'Red Velvet Cupcake' and 'Seafoam &Saltwater'. They both look gorgeous! I really recommend Mon Ennui for quality pigmented eyeshadows, but be warned that ME is more expensive than other indie brands.

 Covergirl
This isn't something I bought, but rather something I tried out. I befriended one of the workers from my local Walgreens. She recognized me everytime I went into Walgreens and asked me why I was always around the makeup aisle. I explained to her that I was a beauty blogger, and she was really intruged. Since then, she was been so nice and friednly towards me. She lets me know when they get in new collections and products. Recently, my Walgreens has had a lot of testers for foundations and the worker told me that she would let me take a sample from the foundation testers if I bought a small container. I was really interested in trying out the new Covergirl 3-in-1 foundation, so I took a small amount from the tester to try it out. 
I used the lightest shade Ivory. I used it in my last FOTD, and now I want to buy it! I only used a very small amount and it has really great coverage. It also does not feel like a foundation at all! It is so weird. Has anyone else tried the foundation?


11 comments:

  1. You look great! And the lipstick is so nice!!!! :) your no-buy rule is officially justified!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drooling over Seafoam & Saltwater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seafoam and Saltwater is such a stunning shade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red Velvet Cupcake looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that red, is gorgeous!

    barbarellamaquill-arte.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm in love with that Seafoam & Saltwater. (Hm, it occurs to me I bought a nail polish in what seems to be a very similar shade yesterday - I'm starting to see a pattern here...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those Mon Ennui eyeshadows. Both colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seafoam & Salwater is amazing! Makes me want to venture from my neutrals... lol

    I hope we get that Covergirl foundation here! Everyone seems to love the shit out it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good thing those rules are in place(yay semi-loopholes) XD

    Betty Bright is so pretty, it'll look lovely on you ^^ and I love the look in the last picture (your hair in particular)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the red velvet cupcake..so sexy..i really want to try the red lipstick

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^