Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tutorial: Mercenary Smokey Eye

 Hello beautiful readers!

Today I have a smokey eye tutorial to share with you all, but before that I wanted to let you all know a few things:
1. Firstly, ignore my skin in my pictures. I am shedding like a snake right now! I had a facial last week, and so my skin started to peel slightly from the treatment I had done. It is peeling in a good way, mind you, but it can look pretty gross!
2. Secondly, you might see that I have two different versions of this look. It is actually the exact same look, except that one is more intense than the other. The pictorial I have is for the more wearable look, but you can intensify the colors to get the more dramatic smokey eye. 
3. Lastly, you can also see that in the second full-face shot, I have a scar on my eye. This, and the fact that I named this look "Mercenary Smokey Eye", is due to the fact that I was testing the makeup I will be wearing with my Mercenary Katarina cosplay. I will be doing the intense smokey eye for that costume. So that's that!




Keep reading for a full pictorial!


                                                                          Products Used                                                                

-Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
-Lime Crime ChinaDoll Palette (Lotus Noir eyeshadow)
-MAC 'Scene' Eyeshadow
-Sugarpill 'Tako' Eyeshadow
-Fyrinnae 'Electric Stardust' eyeshadow
-Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner
-Revlon Lash Potion mascara

-Lioele Super Gold Snail BB Cream
-Pumpkin & Poppy 'Evenstar' Lip Butter
 

                                                                           Tutorial                                                                          




1. Prime your lids! I used Lime Crime's Eyeshadow Helper


*Dark Sider Tip: For a really intense smokey eye, use a black eyeliner or cream eyeshadow as a base for your powder eyeshadows!


2. With a flat brush, apply an intense black eyeshadow on the lid. The higher up you take the black, the more intense the smokey eye will be. I had to work today, so I opted for a more subtle smokey eye. I used the Lime Crime eyeshadow in 'Lotus Noir' from the ChinaDoll Palette.






3. With a crease brush, start blending the black into the crease. Again, the higher up you take the black, the more dramatic the smokey eye you will create.


4. With the same crease brush, take a matte blending crease color (like a brown or gray, or really any color you want), and apply on the crease, blending it with the black. I used MAC's 'Scene' eyeshadow.


5. With a fluffy blending brush, apply a highlighting shade on the brow bone. Make sure to blend it into the crease color. I used a light dusting of Sugarpill's 'Tako' eyeshadow.




6. Apply a black eyeliner on the waterline and smudge it out slightly. I used Prestige's Total Intensity eyeliner (best black eyeliner EVER!)



 7. With another flat brush, apply a shimmery/glitter color on the inner corner of the lid. You can use any color you want. I used a green eyeshadow, Fyrinnae's 'Electric Stardust' eyeshadow, becuase I am using this makeup look for my Mercenary Katarina cosplay and she wears green clothes.

8. With the flat brush you used to apply your black eyeshadow, go over the areas you applied the shimmery color gently as you can blend in that color into the black.



9. Apply mascara.

*This was my more wearable version of this look that I took to work. However, this might not be intense enough for some people, so I added an extra step you can do to make this more wearable smokey eye, into and even more intense look.


10. If you want this look to be darker, simply apply more black eyeshadow (and less of the crease color)! Then just blend out again like before. You can see that even though I used the same steps and products, the result can vary so much by just adding more or using less black eyeshadow.













Hope you enjoyed! Let me know what you think of this look~ And if there are any tips you use to create a smokey eye look, let me know :)

8 comments:

  1. Great smokey eye! Love the hair BTW :)

    barbarellamaquill-arte.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  2. muy muy guapa!!!
    me gusta mucho
    http://abbiegold007.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. I love the color you blended the smokey out with... it's seamless <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did a smokey just like this the other day! Except I put a little purple in the inner corner for a twist~ and cause I was also rocking purple brows that day. Great tutorial though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved it! I really enjoy your step by step tutorials ñ-ñ
    XO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous! I love intense smoky eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^