Sunday, February 5, 2012

FOTD: Spiced Chocolate

Here is another Valentine's day inspired look. I think this is different than most Valentine's Day looks, but it would work for those of you who don't like pinks or purples. I was inspired by the fact that chocolate is very popular for Valentine's Day and I also wanted to incorporate some red undertones (I really dislike straight up pink eye makeup for Valentine's, for some reason). I can definitely see myself wear this for a night time look, a date perhaps? (Ironically I wore this tonight for a date. Completely non-intentionally).




Products Used
Eyes
-Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
-Fyrinnae 'Te Amo' Eyeshadow (optional)
-Fyrinnae 'Crimson Ghost' Eyeshadow (optional)
-MAC 'Cranberry' Eyeshadow
-Wet n Wild 'Vanity' Palette 
-L'oreal Lineur Intense liquid liner
-L'oreal mascara
Face
-Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream
-MAC 'On a Mission' Blush
-Estee Lauder 'Modern Mercury' Powder Gelee
-MAC Viva Glam Cyndi Lipstick

How to Achieve this Look
This look is incredibly easy. You just have to apply a cranberry shade on the entire lid (I used MACs Cranberry). Then apply a matte, chocolate brown on the outer V and the lower lash line. Just to make this more interesting, I applied Fyrinnae 'Te Amo' on the inner 1/3 of the lid. I also applied 'Crimson Ghost' in the inner corner. Apply liner and mascara. My lashes were really gross today so added some falsies.








 Oh and then I decided to wear my awesome Star Wars jacket :)

What do you think? At first I thought the lips would be too much for the eyes, but it wasn't overpowering at all. I actually really liked the outcome! 


16 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous <3 Love the eye makeup & lip color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm definitely going to try this for a date sometime. And I think the lip colour compliments the eyes very well, gorgeous look overall! As always! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eye makeup is gorgeous as usual. :) And i really love your lippie shade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look ridiculously hot in those pictures, if you don't mind me saying. I am totally going to do this look on the 14th, I'll be on holiday with my man and think this would be a perfect look for going out to dinner with him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very petty look, love these colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I love when eyeshadows really make brown eyes look like chocolate or coffee, it's so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty look! I like how you didn't use pinks either - pink for Valentine's Day is so overrated, imo. I love the lip color with the eye makeup! It doesn't overpower it at all :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The warm browns are right up my alley. I really like it with the pink lip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've chosen some gorgeoius colours here. Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this unique V-day look! i really hate really obvious pink makeup for vday too hahaha this is a really subtle look that's perfect! =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think they look great together, I love a pink lip with heavyish eye makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, MAC Cranberry looks beautiful on you. The pigmentation is amazing. Thanks for the tutorial, too! Really helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^