Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Lipstick Compendium: NYX 'Addis Ababa' Matte Cream

Super quickly, I want to show you a new lip obsession of mine. I bought this a while back but I never really used it, but I am now really obsessed with it! It is one of the NYX Matte Creams in the color Addis Ababa.

Addis Ababa is a creamy hot pink that is still wearable. It is not too overwhelming, but it is bright enough that is gives a nice pop of color to your lips.

PROS:
~The smell! It smells so good. Like vanilla cupcakes.
~This is smooth, and it glides on the lips really nicely.
~The color, although matte, does not look flat or dry.
~This lasts on my lips for up to 4-5 hrs and it fades gradually
~Affordable. I think this was about $4-5.

CONS:
~It can be streaky on the lips


*The color is going to look a little streaky, I didn't notice this until I was uploading the pictures. I don't have time to retake pictures, so bear with me on this one. But at least you can see in action how these can look streaky if you are not careful.


I was wearing this when I did my Little Twin Stars FOTD.


Overall
I really love this color because I can wear it without worrying about lip liners or lip glosses. I love the smell and how it feels on my lips. The only thing I have to worry about is streaks which is easily avoidable it you tap the color gently with your fingertips.

Rating: 9.5/10
Recommend? Yes~ I would suggest that everyone who has NYX available to them to try at least one of these.
Repurchase? If, or once I am done with this one, I will definitely repurchase it!

11 comments:

  1. it looks really gorgeous on you doll! addis ababa is one of the more popular shades of the matte creams i think. i haven't tried it yet though haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. This color looks pretty on u

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pink is so pretty! I need to try some NYX lippies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg i neeeeeeed this!!! smooches dahlinggg :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love NYX matte lip creams though I'm not a big fan of the smell. But for how much these cost the smell is something I can definitely live with! This shade is really pretty! Goes well with the Little Twin Stars look too =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like this on you! my problem is that my lips start chapping with them on and shows EVERY flake....so not cute! lol


    Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pink colour suits you alot :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so gorgeous on you! I wanna buy Nyx Soft Matte Creams too. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks super pretty on youu. I love nyx soft matte cream too, love the texture and everything. I only have 1 shade, tokyo. >.<
    Thanks for this swatch and review :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^