Tuesday, September 10, 2013

First Impression: Pond's Luminous Finish BB+

Greetings from the Dark Side!

Yesterday, I purchased this drugstore BB Cream from Pond's. I've seen it on many blogs and Youtube channels, so I wanted to try it myself. I am not fond of western BB creams and I much prefer Asian ones. But I decided to try this BB cream anyways to see what my first impression of it was (and hopefully to find a good drugstore BB cream). If you are curious keep reading!




                                                                         Product In Action                                                           

I used one layer of this BB cream with my Real Techniques buffing brush. I normally use my Kat Von D Rehab Elixir Primer, but I didn't today to see how the BB cream performs on it's own.

*Let me know what you think of the new format I used below (having two photos side by side to compare how my skin looks bare vs how it looks like with the BB cream/foundation I am reviewing)


                                                                         First Impression                                                             

Before I get into the product,  I quickly wanted to mention the price. This BB cream retails for $12.99 for a 1.5 fl oz tube at Walgreens. Most foundations only contain 1 fl oz, so the fact that there it has 1.5 fl oz is great. Maybe that accounts for the price of this product. Because honestly $12.99 seems a little steep for drugstore products. But if it's a great product I guess I wouldn't complain.

One problem I can already see is that there are only two shades. I have the color 'Light' which is actually a really good color match for me. But I am not sure how people who are fairer than me will fare (no pun intended xD) with the shade 'Light'.

The packaging is great! The tube is sleek and compact. The tube design makes it super easy to squeeze out just the right amount of product. I give the packaging a huge thumbs up!

Next, the actual BB cream. The first thing I noticed was the smell. And I don't mean "smell" in a bad way. This is the best smelling BB cream/foundation in the history of ever! Smell is very subjective, so I know some people will hate the smell. But I think the smell isn't too overpowering; it is faint but its definitely there. I would describe the smells like the scent of a delicate flower :)

The BB cream has a light to medium coverage, but it does a really great job of covering redness. It does not, however, cover scars and bad pigmentation. After using one layer, my skin looked quite luminous but still semi-matte. This is great for people with oilier skin who are looking for a light coverage BB cream that won't make their skin look like a pool of oil. For me, this is a tiny bit dry. I have dry areas around my mouth and chin, so I definitely have to use my Kat Von D primer before I apply this BB cream. I wore it all day, and it actually wears really nicely. My skin feels really smooth with this on. This isn't completely matte though so I did notice my T-zone getting a little oily towards the end of the day.

I am actually kind of impressed with this! It has better coverage than other western BB creams I've tried and it also has a semi-matte finish! So far so good, but I definitely need to use this more to get a more solid opinion on it.

*I'm being cautious with this because I have heard some people say that they broke out after using this.

Let me know if you have tried this out, and if you have what did you think of it?




9 comments:

  1. This BB cream sounds pretty good! I don't think I've seen it around my place though. >_< (Do they even sell Ponds stuff here in Malaysia... lol) Products that work well and have a nice scent are good in my book. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really natural on you. I hope it doesn't make you break out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No idea that this product existed! Great! :)

    barbarellamaquill-arte.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems great impacts...
    saniawasif.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this review! I´d love to try this one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks awesome on you...I have yet to try any BB cream.
    via Rhonda W G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Packaging of BB cream is easily incorporated into my bag. I want to try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it natural looking? And is it waterproof?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^