Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sailor Moon Series: Sailor Moon

Greetings from the Dark Side!

I am sure that most of you have watched or at least know of Sailor Moon. It is such an iconic and well-know anime series that it is really hard not to recognize the heroine. I myself watched Sailor Moon as a kid, although I actually watched it in Spanish. I was never a fan of Sailor Moon in the English dub, and I much prefer the original Japanese or the Spanish dub. Sailor Moon is definitely one of the anime series that I remember the most from my childhood, so I am super happy to be making some inspired looks based on the wonderful characters. This look is inspired by Usagi in her Sailor Moon regular Sailor Senshi outfit! Enjoy ^_~




Keep reading more for a pictorial!

                                                                              Products Used                                                            
-Maybelline Eyestudio Palette 'Blue Blowout' (dark navy blue and light blue)
-Lime Crime Uniliner 'Lunar Sea'
-Sugarpill 'Buttercupcake' eyeshadow
-Revlon Photoready Kajal 'Blue Nile'
-L'oreal Voluminous Excess mascara 

-Lioele Super Gold Snail BB Cream
-MAC 'Riri Woo' Lipstick

                                                                                  Tutorial                                                                   


1. Start this look off by priming your lids.
I used Lime Crime's Eyeshadow Helper.

2. If you want this look to last all day, use a dark blue cream eyeshadow/eyeliner as a base.
I used the Pumpkin & Poppy cream eyeliner 'Life on Mars?' from the Starman palette.

3. Apply a dark navy blue on the lid.
I used a dark navy from the Maybelline palette 'Blue Blowout'.




4. With a fluffy brush, blend out the navy blue using a lighter blue.
I used the light sky blue in the  Maybelline palette 'Blue Blowout' to blend everything out. 

 5. Apply a white eyeliner on the lash line.
I used Lime Crime's Uniliner in 'Lunar Sea'. This eyeliner is a bit difficult to work with (more so because I've had mine for a while and it is starting to dry out).

6. Apply a white eyeliner on the waterline.
I used the white side of the Revlon Photoready Kajal in 'Blue Nile'.

7. Apply mascara.
I used the L'oreal Voluminous Excess mascara.




8. With a small brush, apply a yellow eyeshadow on the lower lash line.
I used Sugarpill's 'Buttercupcake', which is the best yellow eyeshadow ever!


9. Apply a iridescent blue on the inner corner of the eye for a touch of magic!
I used Victorian Disco Cosmetics 'Evenstar' eyeshadow (such a magical eyeshadow!!!)






10. Take a small red gem and apply it on the lower lash line near the yellow. This will represent Sailor Moon's red hair accessories. 










11. I decided I wanted this look to be a little bit more blended out, so using a fluffy brush I used more of the light blue to blend the navy blue on the crease even more.












This look is part of the September Series Challenge based on Sailor Moon! You can join too and you can read all about it HERE.


20 comments:

  1. Perfection! This is so suited to the theme... thanks for the tutorial as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it! I grew up with the English dub and loved it at the time. I mean, we were kids, what do we know about good written television? Hahaha. Then I rewatched (and watched Stars, since it's banned in the US) the series last year in the original Japanese and... SO MUCH BETTER!! When I went back to look at dub clips, the voices were awful, everyone sounded boring when doing attacks, and... ugh. And changing Uranus and Neptune into cousins bothered me, hahaha.

    I always try doing a SM series on YouTube but I never finish it. So sad. I really need to complete it. (Or restart it, since it'd be on my new channel.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, damn English dubs screwing everything up.

      Delete
  3. I loved Sailor Moon series ;) I'm not so sure about the yellow tho but youre eyes look great ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I used to watch Sailor Moon when I came back from school, english dubbed version on Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon. I'll have to try to get something done for next weeks,darnit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I would love to see what you would come up with!

      Delete
  5. i absolutely love this! and on a side note, your hair is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Sailor Moon and I love your look. Very well explained.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^