Monday, July 7, 2014

First Impression: Maybelline 'The Nudes' Palette


I recently found this new drugstore palette from Maybelline and I was really excited to pick it up! I don't own the Naked or Naked2 palettes so I wanted to try this version of a nude palette. I have my first impression as well as some swatches in this post for you guys, and I will also be posting some eye looks using this palette in future posts ^_^ Has anyone else tried this palette out?




First off, this really wasn't that cheap. It was about $13 which is not necessarily the cheapest eyeshadow palette you could buy at the drugstore. But I went along with it anyway because I love trying new products. The packaging is quite nice: it's a slim, compact black palette with 12 eyeshadows. It is pretty good size for traveling and great to just have in your makeup bag.

The eyeshadows range in finishes and colors, but they are all quite wearable colors. I love that there is such a great mix of shades and finishes because you can combine them much better than say if you only had 12 shimmery colors or only 12 matte colors. This offers such great combinations that you can travel with this palette alone!

On a slightly more negative note, I find some of these colors a bit dry. They are not as pigmented as I wish they were and they are a bit difficult to blend. The colors I had the hardest trouble with are the darkest shades like the black and dark matte brown. Some other shades do have great pigmentation, like the dark bronze on the top row and the taupe on the bottom row. I still have to use this palette more to truly see if it is worth the money. For now I feel like it is a good cheap alternative to something like the UD Naked palette, but it is definitely not a dupe (UD Naked palette eyeshadows have better pigmentation and texture). I will keep you updated and post some eye looks so you can judge this palette for yourself.


Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. This is surprisingly nice for Maybelline, i've never had much luck with their eyeshadows before!

    Sam xo
    sjmcdf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried it, but I'm not a Maybelline fan so I'll be passing on this.

    RIKKI POYNTER
    // RIKKI POYNTER MAKEUP: The Deaf Side of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprisingly, there are so many brands following UD to create "nude" palette ^^
    Hopefully I can find this palette in Maybelline Indonesia :s

    Don't forget to join our Etude House & Holika Holika Goodies Giveaway ^__^ [INTERNATIONAL]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^