*I posted this tutorial on my cosplay blog, but since it is makeup-related, I will post it here too!
Today I will be sharing with you guys a simple makeup tutorial for the makeup I wear with my Hinata cosplay. I have received tons of requests to do this in the past, so I am excited to finally share this! The makeup I wear could be way more complicated (I could wear lashes on my lower lash line or contour a lot), but I find that this makeup has worked the best for me. The white mesh lenses I wear are a little creepy, but I like how they make my cosplay look! Wearing lenses is totally up to you; don't feel like absolutely have to wear any. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the tutorial!
1. Start out by using a primer or concealer all over your lids. I used the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer to conceal any discoloration around my eyes and to act as a base for the rest of the makeup I will be using.
2. Use an eyeshadow or setting powder to set the concealer. I used the ELF Undereye Setting Powder.
3. Eyeliner is going to be your best friend with most anime makeup, so take a liquid eyeliner and line your lash line. You can make this as dramatic as you'd like. I went quite subtle with my eyeliner this time around! I used the Jesse's Girl liquid eyeliner.
4. Apply a generous coat of mascara. I used the L'oreal Voluminous mascara.
5. Apply false lashes. I used my favorite lashes, the Ardel #105 lashes.
6. Apply a bit of black eyeshadow on the end portion of the lower lash line (you can also go over that part with a bit of liquid liner).
7. Apply a shimmery champagne eyeshadow on the inner half of the lower lash line. This will brighten up and enlarge the eyes.
8. With a neutral light brown, contour the eye socket to add dimension to the eyes.'
9. Fill in your eyebrows with a blue eyeshadow. You can also cover the eyebrows and then draw them in (I personally don't like doing that).
10. If you are using contacts, now is the time to put them in! I usually put contacts in first, but I cannot see with them so I have to put them in last. They do sometimes make my eyes really watery and it can ruin my makeup a bit (like it did in this case!).
Thank you all for joining me and I hope this simple tutorial is helpful to someone out there ^_~
I know I have been MIA for a while, and for that I apologize! I am definitely getting back into blogging again recently, and I even started another blog with one of my best friends/ other member of my cosplay group. This is solely a cosplay blog so I will no longer post cosplay-realted things on this blog. If you are interested in Cosplay, anime, gaming, and fandoms, please follow that other blog. It is called Generation of Cosplayand Discorda (@Discorda) is the co-creator of that blog. We also have a Facebook Page for the blog, so go and like us!
Thank you and I hope you will follow my new cosplay adventures! :D
It has been quite a long time, hasn't it? I have been out of the blogging sphere for quite sometime now, and I wanted to at least pop up and say hi! So hi xD
I haven't blogged in forever just because I have had a real lack of motivation and creativity. And honestly I have not been into makeup for a while now. I have been much more interested in cosplaying! I often post pictures about my cosplays on Instagram so you should check it out (@DarthNancy). I think I'll be posting on my blog more often about cosplaying and makeup for cosplays! I'll try my best to post more from now on!
For now, I will leave you with a picture from my latest makeup test for my Hyuuga Hinata cosplay :)
So, how have you all been? really hope you have all been doing well! Let me know what kind of posts you would like to see in the comments!
This week it finally started to feel like autumn here in North California...finally. It has been so freaking, so the sudden onset of chilly days have been more than welcome. I cannot wait for it to get even colder! I am really not a summer person and I much prefer the colder weather~ Along with the autumn weather we start to see autumn trends, that including makeup trends. I wear dark makeup all throughout the year, but I wear it even more during fall and winter. Here is an easy purple/cranberry look using indie makeup and some drugstore items~ I really do need to use my indie eyeshadows more often! They are gorgeous!I hope you all like it ^_^