Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mercenary Katarina (LoL) Cosplay Part 6: Clothes, Belt, Shoes, and Wig



Greetings from the Dark Side!

If you are new to my Mercenary Katarina Cosplay series check out the other posts first:




Hi everyone! Today, I am going to show you the clothing, shoes, belts, and wig I have for my Mercenary Katarina cosplay! So let's get right to it :D


1. Clothing
Mercenary Katarina's clothing consists of a green jacket, green pants, gloves and the breastplate. I already have a tutorial for the breastplate HERE. If you are good at sewing and want to make your own clothing, go for it! Unfortunately I am only just learning how to sew, and also I am really lazy. So I went with a different route: thrift stores! Thrift stores have so many great things for really cheap. I suggest hitting up a lot of thrift stores to see if you can find anything that works for your cosplays. I got really lucky and found a green pleather jacket and dark green tights at different thrift stores! You can then modify the clothing to fit your needs. For example, I will be adding some embellishments to the jacket and cutting the sleeves to make them shorter (still haven't done that!). I already had a pair of regular black gloves that I ended up using for this cosplay~

Green Pleather Jacket~
Olive green pleather tights 
Black gloves


2. Shoes
Shoes were easy for me. I just used a pair of combats boots I already owned! Before you go out and buy anything, shop your own stash and see if you already own something you can use! If not, go to thrift stores. If I can't find anything at thrift stores, I will go to Target or Walmart, or internet shop, as a last resort. 
Boots! Ignore the painters tape...this was when I was making the bracers.

3. Belts
Surprisingly belts were the hardest thing to find. I actually had two dark brown belts from Target that I already owned. Because of this, I decided to go with brown belts instead of black. I then needed to get another belt I could use to go around my chest and some smaller ones to go around my thighs. I could not find anything at thrift stores so I had to end up getting the belts from Target. I just cut one to make two smaller belts to go around my thighs and connect one full belt with a piece of another left over belt to make the belt that goes around the chest. The chest belt was really annoying to make. I had to adjust it so it fit around my chest well, and had to add the embellishments on it (as you can see below)
My chest belt with part of the pauldron. All the belts I have for this cosplay are this same color.

4. Wig and Contacts
Wigs are probably one of the things I hate the most about cosplaying. A lot of the wigs I have owned tangle easily, are difficult to style, and are overall an unpleasant ordeal. The own I bought for this cosplay was purchased at Evangeline's in Old Sacramento, CA. It is the only place around where I live that sells wigs. I really wanted to be able to see the wig in person and feel the texture of it. This wig is alright; I've seen worse! It is a long platinum white wig that does not tangle but that has a really rough texture. I bought the contacts from Honey Color. They are the EOS Dolly Green contacts!


If you have any other questions, please let me know in the comments!


3 comments:

  1. I went to Good Will when I got some items I needed to craft for Lady Gaga concerts. Sometimes you can really find a diamond in the rough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad to see you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this! Awesome Posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^