Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 'Butterscotch'

Greetings from the Dark Side~!

Isn't it so difficult to find a really good yellow nail polish? I have been hunting for the perfect yellow nail polish for some time now. My search lead me to this Sally Hansen nail polish in the color 'Butterscotch'.

Butterscotch is a muted buttery yellow cream. For a yellow, it has a really great formula. It is opaque in two coats and it is not streaky or sheer. It did not chip on my nails for a week either! 

Is this the perfect yellow nail polish? It could be. It has an amazing formula and staying power. However, for me, it is not the perfect yellow. Why? Well it just is not bright enough. Like the name suggests, this is a butterscotch yellow. This meas it is not a sunny yellow, but rather a yellow with a slight brown/caramel undertone. I am looking for a bright sunny yellow, and this is just not it. But if you want a mellowed out yellow that is not the center of attention, this would be really perfect!


5 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing colour. I love how this looks on you. I don't know that I'd be brave enough to go there though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous color! I don't think I've ever found a yellow with a decent formula, so I might check this one out :) great post Nancy!

    xo aly

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, but I know what you mean about it not being the perfect yellow! Keep searching - hopefully Sally Hansen release something more sunny!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a nice yellow, i love that it was opaque in 2 coats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^