“To hell with your opinion! I'll take my own path no matter what anyone else says!”
Matoi Ryuuko is the main protagonist of the anime KILL la KILL. She is a tomboy who arrives at Honnouji Academy searching for the other half of her scissor blade, a clue that will help her find the person who murdered her father. Throughout the series, Ryuuko is a freaking badass character! I really loved her as a character and enjoyed seeing her in the show. She is a tomboy at heart, but she also displays a heartwarming girly side. For this Ryuuko inspired look, I decided to go for a darker blue and red look, since blue and red are her signature colors. I also added a bit of yellow from the yellow of her outfit (aka Senketsu's eye). I hope you enjoy this look!
|Not my image.|
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
- MAC 'Blue Sheen' Mineralize Eye Shadow
- Inglot #79 Gel Eyeliner
- Mon Ennui Cosmetics 'Red Velvet Cupcake' Eyeshadow
- Wet n Wild 'Vanity' Palette (matte medium brown and matte ivory)
- Revlon PhotoReady Kajal 'Blue Nile'
- L'oreal Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara
- Ardell lashes
Face & Lips
- Wet n Wild CoverAll Foundation
- The Body Shop Honey Bronzer
- Jemma Kidd 'English Rose' Lipstick
1. Prime your lids very well. I used a bit too much of my Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper here!
2. With a flat brush, apply a generous amount of a navy blue eyeshadow. I used the MAC 'Blue Sheen' baked eyeshadow because it has beautiful sparkles!
3. With a fluffy crease brush, blend the blue on the crease and upwards. You can use a matte medium-toned brown to help blend. Honestly, this eyeshadow was quite difficult to blend!
4. Apply a matte skin color light beige on the brow bone to help blend everything out. I used the matte beige in my Wet n Wild 'Vanity' Palette.
5. With a red gel liner and/or red eyeshadow, line the lash line. I used my Inglot red gel liner and a Mon Ennui eyeshadow in 'Red Velvet Cupcake' to make this liner. This represents Ryuuko's hair streak~
6. Line the waterline with a blue eye pencil. I used the Revlon PhotoReady Kajal in 'Blue Nile'.
7. Line the lower lash line with blue and red eyeshadow. I used the same colors I used on my lid.
8. Apply a yellow eyeshadow on the inner corned. I used Lime Crime 'Goldfish' eyeshadow.
9. Apply mascara and lashes.
10. Finish the look by applying an undereye concealer to clean up the lower lash line. I used my Maybelline Instant Age Rewing Dark Circle Eraser!
I don't know what's going on with my hair...so just ignore it xD
Thank you for reading!