Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Review: Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy

I have been waiting a long, long time to buy from Fyrinnae. It has been something that I have wanted for so long, and I finally cracked and ended up making an order for a bunch of Fyrinnae products. The one thing I wanted the most was their Pixie Epoxy. If you have not heard of the Pixie Epoxy, it is a base to make your shimmery eyeshadows more vibrant and to make the shimmer in the shadows really pop.

" A must-have for shimmery, sparkling shadows! This is not an eye shadow primer, or really a base. It is to keep sparkles on or to make shimmery shadows appear "glossy": a foiled look without foiling.
Originally developed and formulated for a friend/pro artist, this unique "glue" is designed to hold the sparkliest, most shimmery eye shadows in place, minimize "fallout", and also to easily create a foiled look without foiling. Don't worry, it's easily washed off, and while keeps shadows in a water-resistant state, the product itself is water-soluble (no silicones or oils). Polymers give the stickiness, while glycerin and propylene glycol keep it wet and slick on skin long enough to apply & blend shadows."~Fyrinnae website

Here is the container. It has a doe foot applicator, similar to lipgloss.

I will show you how this works using MAC 'She Who Dares.' This is a mineralized eye shadow, and it is super shimmery and has a lot of fall out.
I used the green part of the eye shadow, and applied it using my Tokidoki brush.
[Left to Right]  Without Pixie Epoxy,  With Pixie Epoxy
There is a really huge difference. Especially when you see it in person. Sure, you might get a similar result by foiling the eye shadow [using it wet]. But you might run the risk of ruining your eye shadow by wetting your brush. Plus, this does a much better job at making the shadow last longer on your eye lid; it locks the eye shadow in place and makes it really vibrant.
 Both swatches are once swipe of the brush.

Next I tried Lime Crime 'Twilight' Magic Eye Dust. I love this color, but it is not vibrant enough on its own.
Bottom one is Without Pixie Epoxy,  




Left is Without Pixie Epoxy, Right is With Pixie Epoxy


PROS:

 ~It is $7 for a full size container. That is really affordable!
~Does what it claims.
~Great investment, you get more from the products you have.
~Prevents most of the fall out.
~Easy to apply
~Great for application of cosmetic glitter.

CONS:
~Does not work with all eye shadows, especially mattes.
[But if it is shimmery or glitter, it will work]

I lovelovelovelovelove this. I cannot believe that I did not buy this sooner!
My verdict: A must have for people who love shimmery eye shadows, especially pigments!
Thank you all for reading, have a great day~

~Yami<3

8 comments:

  1. Wow, your eyeshadows look so vibrant!! :) I love how affordable it is too!! Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Awesome product review! I've never heard of this...but I'm liking what I'm reading. The green and purple shadows really have that extra POP after using this. Love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the shades!! So pigmented!

    Thanks sweets, I enjoy doing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my focus just turn to Twilight when i saw it =P really pretty color ♥
    and the tokidoki brush is so cute >_<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is soo cool! Please show the entire look next time, wanna see it!

    besos,

    ML

    Join the Easiest Blog Project Ever at:

    Twenty York Street

    Twenty York Street

    ReplyDelete
  6. great review dear! it really makes glittery eyeshadows pop out!
    i have been curious about this for quite a long time LOL! x)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pixie epoxy is utterly awesome, an absolute must-have product.
    Awesome review on an awesome product :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks sweetie! I've been lovin' teal/purple-ish blues lately xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^