Tuesday, November 15, 2011

NOTD: Hidden Rubies

I wanted to try some layering with different polishes, but I am not the best with layering unfortunately. I tried a combo of three polishes. Tell me what you guys think about it ^_^





I used:
-1 coat of Deborah Lippmann 'Ruby Red Slippers'
-1 coat of OPI 'Merry Midnight' (you can use Orly Fowl Play)
-1 coat of Sally Hansen 'Paparazzi'
-1 coat of Gelous top coat

I love the effect of using Ruby Red Slippers because the red glitter is hidden amidst the purple!
Do you have any recommendations for layering?

12 comments:

  1. I like the hidden gems, but it is very subtle

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the over all outcome, pretty color ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this combo very much~~~abit too dark for me, but the colour is gorgeous~~`


    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always a fan of coloured glitter over black...but that's pretty basic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've never tried to layer polishes like that, always wanted to make my own looks/frankens though...this is marvelous, i'm a sucker for purple/red looks :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. You always make me want to buy nail polish lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm.. I think there are too many polishes layered there. The effect is sort of too muted and the colours are kinda washed out.
    Umm... That's what i think anyway. Sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, all of the polishes layered looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was soooo pretty and bling bling, I love the colors~~ suit the name well, hidden rubies <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like it! :) the shimmers only seem to be visible when exposed to light and i think that's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks cosmic ! =D Like it =)

    xxx Vee

    ps: My new Pokemon look is posted =D muhahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^