Saturday, November 17, 2012

Review: Pumpkin & Poppy 'Lady of Light' Cream Highlighter

Greetings from the Dark Side!

What is your stance on face highlighters? I can honestly say that I only started to use highlighters about a year ago. Before then, I did not understand what all the fuss about highlighting the face was. Then I discovered some amazing highlighters, in particular the Estee Lauder Modern Mercury highlighter that was highly raved about. After that, I was bombarded with an array of highlighters and it was hard to only pick one! I have acquired a few more highlighters since then, my most recent being the Pumpkin & Poppy 'Lady of Light' cream highlighter from the One Ring collection.  If you are interested in knowing more about this indie and vegan face illuminator, then stick around!




                                                            Price and Availability                                                         
$9.75 on the Pumpkin & Poppy Artfire store.

                                                                        Packaging                                                               
As you can see from the photo above, this highlighter comes in a small black compact with a sticker on the front. I love the sticker because it has the name where you can easily see it, and it has the White Tree of Gondor! :) The compact has a small mirror in case you want to throw this in your bag~





                                                              Swatch and Comparison                                                       

Here is a swatch of Lady of Light alongside the Illamasqua 'Aurora' cream highlighter, the closest thing I have to Lady of Light. Lady of Light is a white, pinky, gold color while Aurora is more of a yellow gold. 


I don't want to get too much into detail about Aurora since I will have a separate review for it, but I will say that I prefer Lady of Light. It is longer lasting and it sets much better than Illamasqua's Aurora highlighter.


                                                                Product in Action                                                         
I've worn this highlighter in most of my FOTDs since I got it! It is hard to see in photographs though, and the true illuminating qualities of this product don't show up very well in photography.







                                                                          Review                                                                
For the price of this highlighter, it is an excellent product. It is my favorite highlighter at the moment. It is a cream, but it sets more like a powder. It does not shift around on the skin nor does it make me oily. The thing I like the most is that this is a very illuminating highlighter. It is whiter than any of the other highlighters I own. Because it is a white-gold it gives a beautiful winter radiance rather than a sunny glow. It really reminds me of the pure and white radiant Galadriel from The Lord of the Rings!


Update: After using this product for over a year, I can say that it is the most natural-looking highlighter. It does give a very highlighted-look but it is not harsh or unnatural like many other highlighters. I've used plenty of highlighters since purchasing, this but this is has really become my HG hihglighter!

Rating: 10/10





16 comments:

  1. yay!! i am glad you reviewed this :) it sounds like a fantastic product and i am totally adding this to my (very long) list of purchases. i'm glad that it's long lasting since i find most blushes/bronzers like to disappear off my skin within the hour.
    thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that this helped out some people~
      I was extremely surprised by this product! I kind of disregarded it at first, but it is definitely my favorite product from the One Ring collection~!

      Delete
  2. It looks great! For me, I usually dont use highlighters, but I'm thinking it would act well as an eyeshadow base too? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny that you mention that because I should have said this on my post! I haven't used this as an eyeshadow base, but I have used it on my brow bone and inner corner. It did really well on there, so it should work just magnificently as an eyeshadow base!I'm not sure if this is eye safe, although the website does not say "NOT eye safe" so I'm guessing it is.

      Delete
  3. I love me some face highlighters, with my HG being the MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Whisper of Guilt. I've been really curious about Pumpkin & Poppy so I'm definitely interested in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also really love that highlighter~ I think this is more wearable that the more golden, metallic finish of Whisper of Gilt. But it is so nice to have different forms of highlighters for different makeup looks!~

      Delete
  4. i like that it's subtle and not overly shimmery. ^_^
    http://redberryaha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. like it i prefer this shade instead of white

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this looks gorgeous! I love highlighters, I like Modern Mercury too, I'll have to check this brand out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love highlighters, but I'm spoiled on all the Korean brands that are subtle and natural looking. I think it looks pretty in photos, and seems natural but real life and photos being different I think I'll pass on this one but admire the glow from afar instead (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! This isn't super overwhelming either, so I would say it was the most un-natural hihglighter ever. But it is very illuminating. But whatever works for you :) Everyone has their own preferences!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^