Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 Resolutions

Ah...New Years resolutions! Aren't they so much fun?  >_<"


I honestly didn't think I would be writing resolutions for this year, but I thought about it and I think it would be a great idea to at least write some down some of my goals for this year. The one I thing I am trying to stay away from is making unrealistic resolutions that will ultimately make me feel like a failure. Thus, I am going to make small goals that will keep me on track but still give me room for error ^_^


1. Manage my time more wisely. Leave some time for relaxation and play, but make sure that most of my time is dedicated to work and study.
I feel that in the past moths, I have been really bad at time management. I procrastinated so much on my university work this last quarter, and I don't want that to happen again. I start my new quarter on Monday and I desperately need to have a stricter schedule for myself. On the other hand, I want 2013 to be a year of self-discovery. I want to leave some time for myself to re-discover myself and think about who I am and what I want in life.

2. Leave comments on other blogs more frequently.
This is something I have been so bad at this past year. I love reading other blogs and I have to get better at commenting. I love getting comments and I want to be able to return that favor to every blog I visit.

3. Drink more water.
I am not going to tell myself to drink insane amounts of water, but I really do need to drink more than I do now.

4. Eat healthier, lose some weight, but don't deprive myself from foods I want to eat.
My eating habits have been so crazy these past months. I have a really laid-back attitude when it comes to eating because I love food and I love eating what I want. We only have one life and I hate the thought of depriving myself the foods that I want to eat. But, I also want to eat healthier and have a slightly better lifestyle. I think that the best way is to eat healthy foods that I like and if I am craving some junk food to have some. I just need to have a good balance of both. 

5. Enjoy life to its fullest! Absorb the knowledge and joys this world has to offer.
I want to go out more, travel, and see the world. I want to learn about different cultures and about different beliefs. Instead of criticizing others' beliefs, learn about them. They might give you a new perspective on life.

6. Work more on my blog and re-discover The Dark Side of Beauty.
My blog has become a huge part of my life, therefore I also want my blog to change along with me. I still don't know exactly what I want to do or how I plan to change it, but it is a work in progress. I want to go back to my very first posts and remember why I started my blog in the first place. With my second blogiversary coming up in February, I want to make sure I am not losing touch with what The Dark Side of Beauty is all about.

7. Exercise!
I have noticed that I have become increasingly sluggish, groggy, and very stressed. I want to maintain a exercise routine to help with these problems. I want something simple and easy to keep up with. 

8. Save money!
I don't know if I have mentioned this, but I might be going to Japan this year and working there for a year (hopefully!). Whether or not I go, I want to have money saved up. This means that I have to become stricter with my makeup buying impulses. I think most bloggers are starting a no-buy for 100 days, which is a great idea. But I want to do this my own way. I actually have plan for a fun way to follow my resolutions, go on a makeup ban, and still be able to buy some makeup occasionally. I am still planning this out but I will have a post on it soon :)

9. Keep up with and improve my Japanese. 
Since I might go to Japan, I want to improve my Japanese. I have not taken any formal Japanese classes in over a year, so I have become rusty. I still read Japanese often but I want to get back on board and study Japanese in my spare time.

10. Read and update The Library of Babel.
You might know this or not, but I started a book review blog a while back. I haven't updated it in a long time though. I am a literature major, so I read A LOT when I'm in school and I also read a lot on my spare time. However, I have many books I have purchased that I have not yet read. I also keep buying books because I am always on the look-out for new books to read. I need to read all the books I own and stop buying new ones until after I have read the ones I already own. AND I also need to review those books on my blog =3

I'd say my resolutions are rather standard, but hopefully I can keep up with these resolutions this year! Wish me luck!

What are your resolutions for 2013?

5 comments:

  1. Great list! I certainly need to get healthier too. Bit worried about the dorm lifestyle too :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great resolutions! I've always vowed to exercise and drink water more, meh. Also, really cool about knowing Japanese! Good luck with your goals :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I am going to try to go an entire year without buying 1 cosmetic item. I figured I have more than enough products, even foundation and brand new mascaras, to last me a year.

    I'm also with you on drinking more water. I have a bottle sitting by my laptop as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck nancy! I'm sure you'll accomplish all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually don't make resolutions but I always do goalkeeping all year round, it's pretty similar! It helps me a lot, and even if I don't make all my goals I feel successful if I do 80% of them 60% of the time (or 60% of them 80% of the time). It's my 60/80 rule ^_^ It keeps me encouraged without being too harsh. I get a lot done!

    If it helps, I learned a LOT of Japanese by having Japanese pen pals and playing FFXI online with JP players (had to work together so communicating was important). You can find Japanese pen pals online pretty easily ^_^ Ganbatte!!

    http://www.cake-pie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^