Monday, January 21, 2013

Tutorial: Bruised! (Ft. Glamour Doll Eyes)

Greetings from the Dark Side~!

When I was in high school, I was kind of an emo kid. I exclusively wore black eyeliner and liked the panda eye look. I still like to do the panda eyes occasionaly but a little more sophisticated than before, and I am really stepping it by using eyeshadows instead of just black eyeliner. This might look like you have just been punched in the eye, but that's the look I'm going for! But in all seriousness, I think these type of looks work if you are hard-core and want something badass to wear to a concert. Or hey, maybe you just want something to wear to school or everyday activities because you are just that awesome. If you want to know how to achieve this look, check out my step-y-step tutorial =3

*Oh and totally ignore the stupid faces I make my in photos. Thanks!




                                                                        Products Used                                                                  
-Lime Crime Eyshadow Helper (tube form)
-Prestige Black Pencil Eyeliner
-Glamour Doll Eyes 'Super Nova', 'Bruised!', and 'Skin of a Killer' eyeshadows
-Maybelline Mega Plush mascara

-Lioele Super Gold Snail BB Cream
-Armani Sheer in #602

                                                                                  Tutorial                                                                   





1. Prime your eye lids! This is so important when you are creating a very dramatic look.


2. Use any black eyeliner you own and smudge it on your lid. It doesn't have to be perfect.


3. Use a flat brush to press on Glamour
Doll Eyes 'Super Nova' eyeshadow, a black with tons of sparkles, on the lid. Don't swipe it on, press into the eye lid. This will help to prevent fall out.



4. With a crease brush, apply  Glamour
Doll Eyes 'Bruised!' eyeshadow, a deep purple with blue shimmers, on the crease. Blend it into the black.


5. With a big fluffy brush, apply  Glamour
Doll Eyes 'Skin of a Killer' eyeshaodow, a sheer white with loads of sparkle, just baove bruised an up to the brow bone. Blend it into 'Bruised!'.



6. Apply the same black eyeliner you used in Step 1 and apply it on the waterline.




7. Apply 'Bruised!' on the lower lash line.



8. Laslty, apply mascara.










                                                                      Finished Look                                                                   




7 comments:

  1. I love your tutorials. They always make me feel like I can do great eyeshadow looks! Thank you! Love this one in particular, by the way. I was a bit of an emo kid at school, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those glitter eyeshadow..
    Nice tutorial.. Thank you ^^

    beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I love me a good, black shadow look. And I totally make silly faces in my pics, too haha. Can't seem to help it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, panda eyes are always cool and edgy ;)

    BARBARELLA maquill-ARTE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been a little afraid of using too much black eyeshadow/eyeliner, but your look is gorgeous! It really suits you Nancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Embrace the panda-eyes! :D

    I am so gonna try this look - a slightly more colorful twist on the Emo/Gothic eye look :) Love It~ <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^