Friday, January 18, 2013

Review: Total Intensity by Prestige Eyeshadow in 'Hocus Pocus'

Greetings my lovelies ♥

Since I am currently on a No-Buy, I have cut down a lot on makeup spending. But, through my rewards system, I can still allow myself to buy a few items of makeup. This week I picked up a new product that I had not seen before. This is a either a new line or just a new collection called Total Intensity by the brand Prestige. I love Prestige mascaras, and this eyeshadow line looked interesting so I bought it.



                                                                             Packaging                                                                    
This is a single eyeshadows that comes in a medium-sized eyeshadow compact. I think the size of this for a single eyeshadow is quite bulky. But, at least it is very sturdy, well-made, and sleek. You would have no problem carrying this around in your makeup bag or purse. The actual eyeshadow pan is slightly bigger than a MAC eyeshadow (MAC are 0.4 OZ and this is .7 OZ of product)


                                                                           Hocus Pocus                                                                  
I love when things are named Hocus Pocus =3 The color Hocus Pocus looks like a standard blue-brown duochrome shade, a color that has become very popular. This used to be quite a unique shade two years ago, but I probably currently own a dozen colors like this in my collection. It is really hard to see from the photographs, but this particular eyeshadow has one unique aspect: it has subtle holographic shimmers. This is what drew me into this eyeshadow in the first place. The shimmers are really subtle and you can only see them in certain angles and lighting.

                                                                               Formula                                                                     
Another thing that makes this eyeshadow more unique than other in the same color range is its magnificent texture. This is a powder eyeshadow, but it is sooooo soft and creamy. It applies more like a velvety pressed pigment, similar to Armani's Eyes to Kill eyeshadows and the L'oreal Inflalible eyeshadows. The texture is truly remarkable because it gives extreme pigmentation, amazing blendability, and so it becomes an easy to work with eyeshadow.

                                                                                Swtach                                                                      

This is just one swipe of the eyeshadow on the back of my hand!

                                                                         Product in Action                                                           

 I've been using this a lot since I got it this week. I used it on my lower lash line in this look! You can actually see the little holo shimmers in this picture!


                                                                              Verdict                                                                        
Although the color itself is not unique to my collection, this is probably the best of the eyeshadows of this shade that I own. Why? Well, mostly because it has that touch of magical holographic shimmer and it has an AMAZING formula. If you don't any other color like this, I highly recommend Hocus Pocus. If you already own a similar color, you might want to try out this or another of the colors from this range. For around $6-8, this was a definite great buy! 

Rating: 10/10
 

7 comments:

  1. Wow! So great eyeshadow^^
    I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm surprised that it looks exactly the same in the pan as in the swatch! The duochrome effect is really pretty ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was eyeing this color FOR MONTHS at Ulta. Since I have a wetnwild palette that offers this color, I found no reason to purchase it. HOWEVER, once I hit pan with my wnw palette, I will buy this color!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does anyone know if you can buy this in the EU? Online or in-store, I can't find anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I have no idea. Here in the states I can only find Prestige at Rite Aid and I hear from some other people that it is available at Ulta. I don't know the availability of Prestige anywhere else in the world. Sorry!

      Delete
  5. This is so pretty, I've seen Prestige at my local DS for awhile, but I've never used that brand before nor do many other Gurus talk about it much so have never tried it. Will definitely have to give this colour a try, I only have 1 other holographic eyeshadow from Essence, but it's not as pretty as this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^