Monday, September 17, 2012

Haul + First Impression: Illamasqua Generation Q Collection

Welcome once more to the Dark Side~

I can't tell you just how excited I am to show you this haul! I also feel like a hypocrite for saying things like, "oh, I haul too much! I have to stop buying makeup". And what do I do right away? Haul more makeup! Geez. It's an endless cycle. But regardless of my personal dilemmas, I think you will all appreciate some pictures and swatches of a new collection~ Illamasqua Generation Q was for me the most exciting fall release. I adore Illamasqua with all my makeup-loving heart.


Look at this model for the collection! 
Isn't she stunning?! If I look this beautiful at her age I will be so happy!




1. Intense Lip Gloss in 'Boost'
The most exciting part of this collection for me was this lip gloss! It is a gorgeous purple-pink with blue iridescence. It smells like bubble gum too! It is neither sheer or super opaque, but it has a really great color pay off. The lip gloss is not sticky at all. It smoothly glides over the lips and stays put for a good couple of hours.

The lip gloss comes with a brush applicator~
2. Lipstick in 'Underworld'
This is actually a permanent color, but it is part of this collection because it is the lipstick form of the Boost lip gloss. This is one of my favorite lipsticks of all time! I already own one, but it is almost gone and I needed a back up ;) Like the lip gloss, this lipstick is not sheer but it is not opaque either. It is very iridescent and fades beautifully. Once, a guy sitting next to me in class complimented me on having a "perfect purple shimmer" on my lips when I had this lipstick on.

3.Lipstick in 'Magnetism'
I was very excited to try something a little different from the usual. I always go for the light pinks, the purples, and nudes. But this time, I wanted to try this raspberry shade! It is has a very smooth and creamy texture. It is similar to MAC's Lustre lipsticks in that they are fairly opaque and have a shiny finish.

4. Nail Varnish in 'Creator'
This nail polish is just gorgeous! I have nothing like it and it is going to be amazing for Fall!

 *One sheer coat over black.

5. Blush in 'Allure'
I wanted to get a different color than I usually do. This blush is a bit darker and more terracotta-toned than most blushes I own. It has shimmers but they blend out for the most part. 

6. Gleam Highlighter in 'Aurora'
Like with the blush, I wanted to expand to products I would not usually buy. I have a couple of highlighters, but nothing that is sheer and glowy like this cream highlighter. This is going to be amazing for the fall/winter time since it leans more white/gold than a bronze-gold like my other highlighters.

7. Skin Base Foundation in shade #3
I've worn this twice and I am not sure how I feel about it just yet. I did not like it when I applied with my Beauty Blender, but I liked it when I applied it with a dense flat top kabuki brush. It is pretty long wearing and it has a really nice finish.




8. FREE Liquid Metals (Liquid "Medals" for the Olympics)
This was a promotion when I made my order. I received three free liquid metals in Electrum, Phenomena, and Enrapture. These are really awesome! They are really pigmented and they smell like marshmallows! Be careful though, because they can crease. Make sure to wear an eye primer with these!


9. FREE Freak Perfume sample
I can't say much about this scent since I am terrible at describing scents, but it is quite strong!


So that is my haul! I hope to show this in my upcoming looks =3 I'll try these out more so I can review them in more depth.



8 comments:

  1. I think I like the three Liquid Metals more than your Gen Q hauls, lol! The metallics look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great haul, Nancy! I love the lip stuff! The blush in Allure looks so pretty too. And aren't you lucky about the free liquid metals? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that allure blush look amazing, great haul :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous of your haul, the new collection looks gorgeous :) especially the Boost lipgloss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow stunning haul. You always pick the most amazing colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By far the most exciting was the nail color! It's so cool and now I seriously crave it. Thanks for sharing your haul (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^