Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Review: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser

Greetings from the Dark Side~

Although I absolutely love to try out new products, once in a while I find a product that works so well for me that I will stick to it indefinitely. This has been the case for my undereye concealer, Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Erase in the shade 'Neutralizer'. 


Keep reading for more!


                                                                               Packaging                                                                  

This concealer comes in a tube with a twisting top that dispenses product onto a sponge-tip applicator (which is located at the top of the tube). You can either apply the concealer directly by sponging the product onto the desired areas, or you can also press on the sponge with your finger or brush to pick up product  apply it onto the skin that way. 

This packaging is great for travel. If you need to apply concealer on the go, you don't need any brushes to apply this. The small tube also fits easily into any makeup bag. The downside to the packaging is that the sponge-tip applicator gets dirty and it can be a bit difficult to clean it. This does not particularly bother me, but I know it will bother many people. If you are concerned about hygiene, then you should definitely apply the concealer with a clean finger or brush instead of applying the sponge directly onto the skin.


                                                                              Application                                                                 




1. I start with a clean slate.




2. Apply the concealer in any desired areas. If I am only going to be applying mascara and/or eyeliner, then I apply it all over my eye lid and on my undereye area.




3. With either my finger or with my Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush, I blend the concealer all over my eye lid.
















                                                                      Result and Comparison                                                    

Here is a comparison of what applying this does to my eye area. It definitely brightens and conceals any redness and dark circles (the side I have the concealer on is also the side that I did my eyebrows with a new product so keep and eye out for a review of that ^_^).
Please disregard any other redness, I was not wearing any foundation!


                                                                                Verdict                                                                      

This concealer gives a bright-eye look while covering dark circles. It also covers any redness and unevenness on the eye lids. It does not look cakey at all, and if you blend it really well it looks really natural. The concealer is relatively inexpensive ($6-9), and works just as well as high end under eye concealers. I find that this stays on all day and looks amazing even if you use lots of eyeshadow on the lower lash line. In fact this stuff is the best thing to use after you have applied eyeshadows on the lower lash; it cleans up any fall-out and it blends out the eyeshadows to look flawless. However, sometimes the concealer can settle in fine lines if you do not blend it out really well. So I always makes sure to blend it really well on the lower lash line. Besides that one con, this concealer is totally HG status!

Rating: 9.5/10

8 comments:

  1. Your left eye looks YOUNGER too :P Very nice, I really have to check it out for myself and see if I'll be able to color match it to my skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True!! The shade Neutralizer is supposed to be for all skin tones although I am not sure how it would look on darker skin. There is a few other shades though, so hopefully they have something that you would be happy with :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm you don't really have noticeable dark circles in the first place ;) you'll notice the difference when you're close to 30!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're right. My dark circles can be worse though because I have a hard time sleeping. I am a bit of an insomniac so this helps to hide the darkness caused by that ;)

      Delete
  3. That is a massive difference! I've seen a heap of awesome reviews of this, but a lot of them said the packaging is a bit dodgy. I think I want to pick it up anyway, as it sounds wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the packaging is good but that might be because I haven't had any issues with mine. I can see that there might be a possibility that the twisty cap doesn't work or whatnot. But the product is so awesome, I would totally overlook the packaging!

      Delete
  4. That looks good, I need something like this for uni. I have dark circles on my dark circles xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! i just might need to get this, looks like it works great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^