Greetings from the Dark Side!
I am sure that most of you have watched or at least know of Sailor Moon. It is such an iconic and well-know anime series that it is really hard not to recognize the heroine. I myself watched Sailor Moon as a kid, although I actually watched it in Spanish. I was never a fan of Sailor Moon in the English dub, and I much prefer the original Japanese or the Spanish dub. Sailor Moon is definitely one of the anime series that I remember the most from my childhood, so I am super happy to be making some inspired looks based on the wonderful characters. This look is inspired by Usagi in her Sailor Moon regular Sailor Senshi outfit! Enjoy ^_~
Keep reading more for a pictorial!
-Maybelline Eyestudio Palette 'Blue Blowout' (dark navy blue and light blue)
-Lime Crime Uniliner 'Lunar Sea'
-Sugarpill 'Buttercupcake' eyeshadow
-Revlon Photoready Kajal 'Blue Nile'
-L'oreal Voluminous Excess mascara
-Lioele Super Gold Snail BB Cream
-MAC 'Riri Woo' Lipstick
1. Start this look off by priming your lids.
I used Lime Crime's Eyeshadow Helper.
2. If you want this look to last all day, use a dark blue cream eyeshadow/eyeliner as a base.
I used the Pumpkin & Poppy cream eyeliner 'Life on Mars?' from the Starman palette.
3. Apply a dark navy blue on the lid.
I used a dark navy from the Maybelline palette 'Blue Blowout'.
4. With a fluffy brush, blend out the navy blue using a lighter blue.
I used the light sky blue in the Maybelline palette 'Blue Blowout' to blend everything out.
5. Apply a white eyeliner on the lash line.
I used Lime Crime's Uniliner in 'Lunar Sea'. This eyeliner is a bit difficult to work with (more so because I've had mine for a while and it is starting to dry out).
6. Apply a white eyeliner on the waterline.
I used the white side of the Revlon Photoready Kajal in 'Blue Nile'.
7. Apply mascara.
I used the L'oreal Voluminous Excess mascara.
8. With a small brush, apply a yellow eyeshadow on the lower lash line.
I used Sugarpill's 'Buttercupcake', which is the best yellow eyeshadow ever!
9. Apply a iridescent blue on the inner corner of the eye for a touch of magic!
I used Victorian Disco Cosmetics 'Evenstar' eyeshadow (such a magical eyeshadow!!!)
10. Take a small red gem and apply it on the lower lash line near the yellow. This will represent Sailor Moon's red hair accessories.
11. I decided I wanted this look to be a little bit more blended out, so using a fluffy brush I used more of the light blue to blend the navy blue on the crease even more.
This look is part of the September Series Challenge based on Sailor Moon! You can join too and you can read all about it HERE.