Greetings from the Dark Side!
Oh my, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is out in theaters next week and I am so excited to go see it! If you did not know I am a HUGE Tolkien fan. I watched the The Lord of the Rings trilogy in theaters when I was in 4th, 5th, and 6th grade. In 7th grade, I finally read The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, and The Silmarillion (albeit with some difficulty, Tolkien in not the easiest to read). I have read and re-read most of Tolkien's work throughout most of my teenage and adult life; The Hobbit is still one of my favorite things to read during the winter while I'm wrapped up in a warm blanket. Although I am a die-hard fan of Tolkien novels, stories, and poems, I still love to watch Peter Jackson's interpretations of Tolkien's works. They are not true to the books, however they are still fun to watch. I see the movies as completely separate entities and I try my best not too compare them too much. That being said, I am very thrilled to see the new installment of The Hobbit! I am particularly excited to finally see Thranduil, who is being played by Lee Pace. Holy moly, that guy makes the sexiest elf ever!
Anyway...here is my Hobbit inspired look using two shades from the Shiro Cosmetics There and Back Again collection. I tried to keep this very Hobbit-like by using brown and green (those colors remind me of The Shire), and I think the two colors go well together since the brown actually has small green shimmer (which my camera did not capture...what a shame). And I absolutely had to use my LotR inspired products from Pumpkin & Poppy in this look too!
For a pictorial and product list, keep reading...
-Maybelline Color Tattoo 'Just Beige'
-Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Liner 'LSD'
-L'oreal Lineur Intense liquid liner-L'oreal Lash Out Butterfly mascara
FACE & LIPS & NAILS-Artistry Youth Extend Foundation
-Wet n Wild Holiday 2013 To Reflect Shimmer Palette
-Pumpkin & Poppy 'Lady of Light' Highlighter
-Pumpkin & Poppy 'Evenstar' Lip Butter
-Victorian Disco 'Zombie Flesh' Nail Polish
1. Prime your lids. My favorite primer/base right now is the Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'Just Beige'.
2. Apply a shimmery bronze on the entire lid and blend it into the crease with a fluffy brush.
I am using Shiro Cosmetics 'An Unexpected Party', a bronze with fine green shimmer.
3. With a pencil brush, apply a shimmering green shade. I am using Shiro Cosmetics 'There and Back Again', a shimmery emerald eyeshadow.
4. Apply a green, teal, or black eyeliner on the waterline.I am using 'LSD' from Urban Decay.
5. Apply a matte white or skin-tone eyeshadow on the brown bone.
6. Finish off by applying liquid eyeliner, mascara, and falsies~
Thank you all for reading ♥
Who else is exited for this movie?