Friday, April 5, 2013

March Hits and Misses


Greetings from the Dark Side!

I haven't posted any of my monthly favorites in a while, but I actually had a lot of favorites this past month. I've tried a lot of products recently, but the products below have been real standouts for me. I also have three complete misses! Keep reading if you want to know about the HITS and the MISSES.

                                                    HITS                                               

1. Hard Candy "CC" Correction Cream (Fair)
I already posted a First Impression post for this product, but I just want to just say how awesome this stuff is. I really wish Hard Candy had a better color selection because I know that the shade range has been a huge problem for most people. However, the actual product is marvelous. It is a decently pigmented, natural-looking "foundation" that is perfect for everyday wear. It looks so natural that it is like a second skin. I have been alternating this with my Lioele Super Gold Snail BB cream. I usually use the CC cream for school or days when I want a very light makeup look.

2. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer (NC20)
Because the Hard Candy CC cream is very lightweight, sometimes a need a little more coverage for any stubborn scars or pimples. I love this stuff because it is really pigmented and it stays on all day. It is by far the best concealer I have used to date.

3.Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser (Neutralizer)
I've had this concealer for a while, and as you can see I have already used up more than half. I don't have particularly bad dark circles, but I like my undereye area to look bright (especially on the days I don't get much sleep). This stuff is really amazing; it conceals and brightens. I suggest you get the Neutralizer shade. It is the best one, IMO.


4. L'oreal Color Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain 'Coral Tattoo'
I freaking looooove this lip stain. The color is beautiful and really brightens up my complexion. It stays on my lips for a long time. It does not dry out my lips; on the contrary, it keeps my lips moisturized. I can't say enough good things! I have been reaching for this a lot, and I keep this in my purse at all times. (FOTs using this HERE and HERE)

5. Revlon Lip Butter 'Sweet Tart'
Here is another product I keep in my purse! Revlon lip butters are awesome because they are moisturizing and pigmented. 'Sweet Tart' is such a bright fun pink shade that gives the perfect pop of color to the lips. Like the L'oreal 'Coral Tattoo', it is a super easy lip color that you can just throw on at any moment!

6. Lime Crime Lipstick 'Airborne Unicorn' 
This lippie has been in my top favorite lipsticks of all time. It is a pink-purple color and I have been obsessed with it since I first tried it. It is spring in a tube!(FOTD using this HERE)

7. Sephora+Pantone Universe Emerald Mascara
This is a super bright emerald mascara. And it is actually really great! It is a great find, especially because most colored mascaras are terrible. (Look using this HERE)

8. Victorian Disco Cosmetics 'Wheat' Eyeshadow (Foreveralonecraft Collection)
Because I was totally obsessed with bright lip colors in March, I was also wearing a lot of neutral eyeshadows. 'Wheat' is my favorite because it is a neutral bronze/tan, but it has the most beautiful violet sparkles! It is a really pretty and fun way to wear neutrals! (FOTD using this HERE)

9.Maybelline Color Tattoo 'Bad to the Bronze'
I used this a lot as a base for VDC's 'Wheat'. The two look really great together!

10. Zoya Remove+ 
Best nail polish remover. EVER. It removes the most stubborn nail polishes without drying out my cuticles. I used up one of these during March and I am just obsessed with. Try it and you will never be able to go back to using any other nail polish remover! It is a expensive, but this makes my nails healthy and beautiful~

11. Gelous Base Coat
Love this stuff. I also used up a bottle of this in March and it is a great jelly base. It creates a smooth canvas for any nail polish you apply over it. It also protects your nails. I notice that when I don't use this as a base coat, my nails tend to break easily.

12. HARE nail lacquers
If you have never tried HARE polishes, you are missing out! They are a little pricier than OPI, but they are totally worth it. They are handmade and very well thought out colors. You will never see a dull-looking HARE polish! I used these a lot during March, and I know I will be using them even more in the months to come (Also I will swatching a lot of these soon)!You can buy HARE from Etsy or Llarowe.

                                                    Misses                                            


1. YSL Faux Cils mascara
I received this as a gift for Christmas, but I just opened it during March because I hate having multiple tubes of mascara opened at the same time. I am kind of disappointed with this mascara.
For $30, it should be amazing. But it really isn't. I don't hate it, but I would not pay that much money for a mascara that flakes and clumps up. If used right, it can make my lashes look amazing. However, my $6 Prestige mascara does the same, if not even better. I don't know, this is not a complete MISS (especially because I didn't pay for it!), but it is definitely not a HIT.

2. L'oreal Colour Riche Balm 'Come By My Window'
It is kind of ironic that I love the Colour Riche Wet Stain, but absolutely hate the balms! This should be a part of my April Hits or Misses because I bought this on Monday, but I hate this so much that I had to include it here. I bought it, used it three times, and returned it because it was a complete waste of money. The color is really pretty, but the product dries my lips really badly. It emphasizes any dry patches, lip lines, and really is the complete opposite of a lip balm. This was a MISS! It is too bad that this did not work for me because the Balms in the rest of the L'oreal Versailles Romance collection looked so pretty :(

3. Flower Cosmetics Eyeshadow Quads
If you read my individual reviews for each of the quads, you will know that I hated these quads with a passion. These were by far the worst eye products that I used in the month of March!


Thanks for reading! See you all next time ^_^


5 comments:

  1. Thats so weird that Loreal balm dries yours lips out! Maybe it's just the color? I have Rose Elxir and Tender Mauve and I LOVE both, they are super conditioning! So weird!

    xo, aly

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOo now I really want to try the MAC prolong-wear concealer now. I'd like to try some CC creams too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try those L'Oréal lip stains but I read so mixed reviews about them so I am not sure anymore. Plus price here is a bit too high for product like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the flower and victorian disco products

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^