Sunday, November 27, 2011

EOTD: From Day to Evening Teals


I often encounter people who are afraid to use bright colors, especially for day time wear. It is totally fine to stay with neutral colors, but if you are one of those people who wants to experiment with brighter colors, here are some tips on using bold colors.

DAY
For a more conservative day time look while still using a bright color, I would advise you to simply do a colored liner look. Chose one bold color and  line your upper lash line. You can also line your lower lash line with a different color, but that is optional. This is very wearable because the color will be subtle enough to be worn during the day.Something you an add to any eyeshadow looks to make it more wearable, is to add a light matte brown to the crease. This helps to balance out any bright colors.
Here is what I did, mind you I had this on all day and now it looks kind of bad.


I used MAC Siahi Fluidline on the upper lash line, a matte brown on the crease, and Urban Decay Ransom 24/7 liner on the lower lash line.

NIGHT
The easiest way to take your day time look to a night time look is to chose one eyeshadow that matches the color of the liner, and simply apply it on the entire lid. If you applied a second color on the lower lash line, intesify it with another similar-colored eyeshadow.
 I used a dark teal, sparkly mint, and dark purple from my YSL Midnight Garden Palette.

Of course you can use any colors you wish or you can also just switch you lip colors to do a day to evening change. This is really easy because you can make a simple night time look with one or two eyeshadows. Hope you enjoyed :) I will try to do another, more complicated day to evening look sometime int he future :D


15 comments:

  1. wow I really like the eyeliner . the color is stunning! perfect for christmas :]
    So I need help getting a scholarship to collage, would you like to help me?
    All you have to do is "Like" this page: http://www.facebook.com/Tiagraphy
    i have to get over 1500 likes
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it, you look so good with dark colors ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eyes are gorgeous! Dark colors suit you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! :D I think it's time to get me some more colored liners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love how easily you created the nighttime look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your eyeliner lines are perfect. o.o;!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Siahi is so pretty! I did the "one eyeshadow on the lid" technique ONCE and I don't know why I haven't done it again. It's so easy and pretty! I love love the colors you used from the YSL palette! Thanks for this helpful post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great Nancy! I love the teal and purple combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! I love how teals pop against brown eyes

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a really great tip. Thanks for sharing! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. The night look is amazing! Gonna try something similar soon!

    lionsandmakeup.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is pretty. You inspire me to be more daring with my makeup.

    www.aussie-blue.com
    tweet @_MeganJoy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This look is great =) More people should dare wearing bright colours even for day time !

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^