Sunday, November 27, 2011

FOTD: Black Lips and Stylettos


Black lips. Very trendy on the runway, but something most women are very scared of wearing outside of the catwalk. A black lip is one of the hardest lip colors to wear and it requires constant touch ups. But no fear, The Dark Side of Beauty is here.

I have been fascinated by dark lip colors, and being as pale as I am, it is difficult to wear very dark lip colors. So when I had the opportunity to make another order on Lime Crime, I made a rash decision to purchase 'Styletto' lipstick. 'Styletto' is my first black lippie, and it might just be the only one I ever use. It is extremely pigmented and has a glossy finish. I applied the color straight from the tube and then used a lip brush to clean up the edges. So as far as the formula of the lipstick, I am extremely satisfied!

Here is the look I did when I wore 'Styletto' for the first time.
 I look incredible pale! Black hair + black lippie + SPF BB cream + no blush= super pale face! 
I should have added some blush... but I didn't want to overwhelm the look.


Here is the eye look I used for this look:

What I used:
-MAC Blacktrack Fluidline as my eyeliner and a little bit on the lower lash line
-Illamasqua 'Ore' pigment on the lower lash line
-Yanqina mascara

One of my goals while wearing this lipstick was to act like a complete weirdo~ I think I achieved that :)


Yes I did wear this outside, in public. I really just went out to the grocery store. It was scary at first, but eventually you just forget that you are wearing black lipstick. Yeah some people looked at me, but they probably either gave me a compliment, just shrugged it off, or prayed for my soul (because apparently wearing black lipstick or nail polish is satanic...) I think the one thing that you need if you want to wear a bold lip is to have confidence in yourself. If you feel insecure while wearing a certain color, it will be very noticeable. And it is when you have no confidence that people will stare at you (or maybe you will just feel like everyone is staring at you). I don't think this looks all that great on me, but whatever. I wear what I want, regardless of what other people think. Just have confidence, and that confidence will show through. Some people will be amazed that you had the courage to do something that they are too afraid to do.

 What are your thoughts on black lipsticks? Would you wear it?

17 comments:

  1. you wear it very well! your hair would look so good short ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you pulled off the lip color so well. Its true, I'm actaully scared of wearing black lip color but you look so good in it! Your eye lining is amazing as well! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look--it is so you!!! you already know I've got a little goth in me hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I also love how the sparkle on the eyes is on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. xD Such a gothic look! I think it really suits you with the pale skin, and your lacy top. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really pull it off well! I'm super afraid of black lips with my coloring, but it doesn't look scary AT ALL on you. I also think I need Ore in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go grocery shopping wearing black lipstick: mission accomplished. CONGRATS! XD
    I love your eye makeup there, but i wouldn't dare mess with the black lipstick. With that dress, you look totally goth/vampire-ish, lol. It looks great on you, although maybe a leeetle bit of blusher would make it less scary? Hehe~

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it on you! i think that it truly suits you

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is such a cool look!!! i love your simple eye makeup to help balance things out. daring, but u can totally pull it off =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. can you post a pic of it in normal lighting? otherwise... it's hard to see what it really looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look, i think everyone should step out of their comfort zone (make-up wise) every once in a while, that's pretty much what fashion and beauty is all about, isn't it? discovering new heights!
    Beautiful!

    lionsandmakeup.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go on you for wearing this out! I would have definitely given you a compliment if I passed you by. You pull black lipstick off so well, even if you are pale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! I would totally wear this :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your simple eye make-up with a pop of color on your lips.. you're pretty! effortless beauty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! I love the pigment on your lower lashline.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd wear it if I had one =) I think it suits you really well ! especially with your black hair. Now people are gonna say you look like a "goth" whatever. As you say, you wear whatever you wanna wear =) !

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look beautiful!!! I think you should rock the black lipstick look more often. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^