Wednesday, March 5, 2014

First Impression: Rimmel Stay Matte Primer


A while back ago I bought this Rimmel primer to try out, but I haven't had a chance to use it because I was busy using the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. I finally had a chance to try it out these past two days and I want to post my first thoughts on it. Keep reading for more information~



This primer is quite compact and travel-friendly. The tube is cute and sleek; it is not really fancy packaging, but for $4-$5 I'd say it is rather nice. The product itself is different that anything I have tried so far. It is like a hybrid of a silicone primer and a moisturizing primer. My favorite primer at the moment is the Kat Von D Priming Elixir, which is a very moisturizing primer (but also really expensive!). Well this Rimmel primer feels like a mix between the Kat Von D primer and something like the Maybelline Baby Instant Pore Eraser. In the photo below you can see that it looks like a thick moisturizer:


Because of the hybrid nature, it applies like a very silky moisturizer. On the skin, it does feel moisturizing, but it still mattifies the skin a bit. I LOVE that this does not have that really gross slippery texture that a lot of other silicone primers have. It does have a slight silkiness, but not that really smooth and almost greasy feel of primers like the Maybelline Baby Skin Primer


The packaging says that it "controls shine for up to 8 hours" and "minimises the appearance of pores". While it does seem to mattify the skin, I think 8 hours is a bit of an exaggeration. I noticed that my T-zone stayed matter than normal throughout the day but it was not oil-free for 8 hours. I also did notice that my pores looked a bit smaller, and my foundation seemed to glider over those pores smoother than normal.

So far, I think this product has potential for my combination skin. I love that it is more moisturizing that other mattifying primers because my skins needs both oil-control and hydration. I don't know how this would work on very oily skin, but there are many positive reviews of this product on MakeupAlley from people who have oily skin so that is a good sign. I will keep using this and have a full review in a few weeks!





7 comments:

  1. this worked the best for me when I wasn't wearing any makeup. I have oillllllllllllly skin and it's super hard to find something that'll mattify it

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw idk when you changed your layout, but I love it!! Who did it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the review! I want to buy this but kept goin back and forth >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great first impression, will look forward to full review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try this one...I have oily skin on my nose but my cheeks are dry...Do you think that this onde could be good for me? Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I have the same type of skin, so I think this is definitely worth a try! It won't be moisturizing enough for the driest areas, so you should have a separate moisturizer underneath the primer.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^