"You don't know the power of the Dark Side" -Darth Vader
Darth Vader is not just one of favorite Star Wars characters, but he is also one of the most iconic character in the series. He is one of the main antagonists of the Star Wars saga, yet he is also redeemed by his sacrifice in the end. When I thought about creating a Darth Vader look, I have to say I was quite intimidated; I didn't know how I could do any justice to his character. I knew I wanted something dark and smokey, but I wanted to add in red for his lightsaber too. I also wanted to add a bit of light, since he is not entirely a bad character which resulted in me adding some silver glitter. The sparkles over the black base in this look also are very reminiscent of all the space/galaxy scenes throughout the films. I was quite pleased with the outcome, and I hope you all like it as well!
- Milani ColorPlay white liquid eyeliner
- Lime Crime 'Lotus Noir' eyeshadow
- MAC 'Scene' eyeshadow
- Inglot Eyeliner Gel #79
- Sugarpill 'Love+' eyeshadow'
- Wet n Wild Glitter Single 'Spiked'
- Revlon Diamond Dust eyeshadow 'Night Sky'
- Prestige Total Intensity black eyeliner
- L'oreal Voluminous mascara
- Ardell lashes
Face & Lips & Nails
- NARS Creamy Concealer
- Maybelline Master Hi-Light 'Natural'
- Milani Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss 'Red My Lips'
- Illamasqua Nail Varnish 'Creator'
- Wet n Wild Mega Rocks Nail Polish 'Always in the Pitt'
1. Prime your lids and fill in your brows if you wish to.
2. With a white eyeliner (Milani ColorPlay), make a line on the lash line. This will be where the red eyeliner goes later, so we want to make sure to leave this space empty.
3. With a small brush, apply a black eyeshadow all over the lid. I used the sparkly black cream eyeshadow Color Tattoo (Maybelline 'Stroke of Midnight') as a base and pat a black eyeshadow (Lime Crime 'Lotus Noir') to set it.
4. With a large fluffy brush (MAC 217) apply a light satin grey (MAC 'Scene) to blend out the black.
5. With the same brush, apply a matte white on the brow bone to blend out the grey.
6. With a red eyeliner (Inglot #79) or eyeshadow (Sugarpill 'Love+'), make a distinct line on the lash line. I used the red eyeshadow first and later added an eyeliner+more eyeshadow so it would last all day.
7. Apply black liner (Prestige Total Intensity) on the waterline and smudge it.
8. Apply mascara and lashes.
9. Deepen the black on the lower lash line.
10. Apply silver glitter (Wet n Wild Glitter Single 'Spiked') on the inner corner.
11. Take a sparkly black eyeshadow (Revlon Diamond Dust 'Night Sky') and apply a bit on the center of the lid.
Thank you for reading! May the force be with you~