Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Lipstick Compendium: Revlon 'Fig Jam' Lip Butter

Fig Jam is a sheer brown toned red. In the tube it looks very dark, but it is sheer enough that it will look like a nice glossy red on the lips. The color dos in fact remind me of jam.



Price and Availability 
The Revlon lip butters are about $7-$8 and can be found wherever Revlon is sold. These are permanent, and you should be able to find them in the Revlon section of the cosmetics isle.

Formula
This is very creamy and moisturizing. Unlike Peach Parfait, this has no shimmer and it much smoother when applied. Maybe it is because of the color, but this also lasts much longer on my lips than Peach Parfait. 
Swatch
Bare Lips

One coat of Fig Jam  
Verdict
After hearing so much about this particular color, I have to say that it is phenomenal! It is super moisturizing, the color can be sheer or built up for a more intense look. But, the color is very fall/winter looking, and it doesn't look that great in the day time now that it is spring. But, it will look great with a night time look. Regardless, I still love the color. I was scared that it would be super brown on my lips, but it is more red than brown. This is a great shade and I think everyone should try it! Keep in mind that the color will show up better if you are fair skinned or have pale lips.If you have very pigmented lips or have medium-dark complexion, this might be a little too sheer for your taste.

Rating: 9.5/10

18 comments:

  1. This colour looks so dark and foreboding in the tube, but looks so delicate and subtle on your lips. ~_~ How can it be haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it is sheer! But you can build up the color more if you want.

      Delete
  2. very pretty color, i have very pigmented lips its hard for sheer tones to show up ;-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it won't show up as much, but there are more pigmented colors in the range too.

      Delete
  3. Wow! I didn't pick this up b/c I'd afraid it would look brown. But I may have to rethink xD Looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love revlon lip butters! I want to pick up more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It IS very beautiful. Fig is just a gorgeous shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice but I prefer the other one =)

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, that looks scary in the tube but lovely on the lips. I'd be too pale to pull this off though I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to admit, I stayed away from "Fig Jam" because of the name... I have no clue why, but on your lips it looks funtabulous. It makes me kick myself for "judging a book by its cover.."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect MLBB! :) from, milktea

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard it's a dupe for clinique black honey gloss. Any thoughts on that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never owned the black honey gloss, but it seems like a similar shade from swatches I have seen. Other than that I have no idea!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^