Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Song of Ice and Fire Series: House Tyrell

Greetings from the Dark Side~

"Growing Strong."


In anticipation for Season 3 of Game of Thrones, I decided that it was appropriate to do a House Tyrell inspired look. House Tyrell will be important in the upcoming season, so it makes sense!

Castle and seat of rule: Highgarden. 
Motto: "Growing Strong"
House Sigil: "a golden rose on a green field".

As is evident from their motto, their castle name (Highgarden), and their sigil, their image is that of flora. Plants, much like some of the Tyrells, are beautiful and dainty, but they are actually very grounded and strong. This especially reminds me of Margaery Tyrell, who is beautiful and kind, but is also very ambitious and clever. Because of this, I wanted to make a look with the sigil colors (green and gold) that was both girly, yet fierce. 



                                                                        Products Used                                                                  

Eyes
-Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
-L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow 'Golden Emerald'
-Lime Crime Alchemy Palette, 'Lucky Charm' eyeshadow
-Lime Crime ChinaDoll Palette, 'Jade-o-Lade', 'Goldfish', and 'Lotus Noir' Eyeshadows
-MAC 'Blacktrack' Fluidline
-Milani Liquif'Eye Gold Pencil Eyeliner 
-Maybelline Mega Plush mascara
-Awin #DS03 Lashes 

Face & Lips
-Lioele Super Gold Snail BB Cream
-MAC 'Well Dressed' Blush
-Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain Balm in 'Darling'

Nails
-Sally Hansen 'Golden-I' Nail polish
-China Glaze 'Running in Circles'


                                                                                Tutorial                                                                     


(optional) Use a green cream eyeshadow or softly textured eyeshadow to map out the area that you will be applying the rest of the green eyeshadows. This will help as both a colored base and a guide.



1. With a flat brush apply an iridescent light green on the center of the eye. You want something that is shimmery and fun. I used 'Lucky Charm' from the Lime Crime Alchemy palette with my MAC 239 brush.









2. With a small brush, use a black gel liner to outline the shape you want. I went for a leaf-looking shape by using my ELF concealer brush to apply the MAC 'Blacktrack' Fluidline.



3. Apply a yellow-gold on the inner 1/3 of the eye and gently blend it into the green. Pick a gold that is bright and not too bronze. I used my MAC 239 to apply 'Goldfish' from the Lime Crime ChinaDoll palette.



4. Take a darker matte green and apply it on the outer part of your lid. I used my MAC239 to apply 'Jade-o-Lade' from the LC ChinaDoll palette. This color is nice because it is more blue-based and contrasts nicely to the yellow based green and gold that we already used.





5. With the same gel liner, line the rest of your lash line and take the remainder and use it on your lower lash line.

6. Use a gold or white eyeliner on your waterline.

7. Apply mascara and lashes.





                                                                        Finished Look                                                                  



Hope you liked it! 
Remember to be fierce with your makeup!
Thank you for reading ♥

*A Song of Ice and Fire is the property of George R.R. Martin, I am only using his novels as inspiration for my looks.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gaawd. You are so professional. I want to do this also soooo much. Thanks for this~! ^_____^


    www.orenjji.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you did your nails, too! Pretty look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the liner with this, and the colours are so perfect for spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo very interesting look <3 I never knowhow to use Yellow without looking like a drag queen, so this was super helpful. I love the color gradient for this season too, it makes me think of warmer days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dang this look is gorgeous! Great blending technique and I love the matching nails! Good job!
    What kind of 'green' are you wearing for St. Patrick's Day celebrations?
    http://makeupuniversity.blogspot.com/2013/03/st-patricks-day-green-with-karma-chow.html

    Ciao ciao!
    Cherelynn
    Makeup University

    ReplyDelete
  6. I freaking love these colors. AND this series. CANT WAIT for march 31! awesome look :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I freaking love these colors. AND this series. CANT WAIT for march 31! awesome look :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. You. Are. AWESOME.
    Fabulous look, killer idea and I can't wait for season 3 -- my favourite book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^