Saturday, March 9, 2013

Review: Flower Cosmetics Skincognito Stick Foundation

Greetings from the Dark Side!

Flower Cosmetics is one the new drugstore hits of 2013. The extensive range carries three different types of foundation: liquid, powder, and stick. The stick foundation, called the Skincognito Stick Foundation, "glides on smoothly and blends easily for an instant uniform finish. Translucent second skin coverage allows skin's natural tone to show through" (Walmart website).



                                                                        Product Information                                                      


Product:
 Skincognito Stick Foundation
Brand:
Flower Cosmetics
Price:
 $8-$9 (You can buy it at the Walmart website)
Color:
I use the shade SF1, which is the palest shade. It is a very pale neutral color.
Texture/Finish:
 The foundation is quite dry. It is sheer, but buildable. It is not moisturizing, but it does have a slight glowing finish.
Pigmentation:
  This is a sheer to medium coverage foundation.
Application:
For me, the best way to apply it is to use a brush to pick up the product and apply it to my skin. You can apply the stick onto the skin directly, but I find that it is harder to blend because it has a drier formula.
Wear (comfort):
  This sits very comfortably on the skin because it is very lightweight. I find that this does not feel oily or heavy even after hours of wear.
Wear (time):
 If I wear this all day (8-10) hours, I don't notice too much oil on my T-zone. However, since it is a sheer foundation, I do notice that some of my imperfections become visible again. 
Dupes? Similar products?:
  I don't own any other stick foundations, or any other foundations that have a similar formula/texture.

                                                                               Review                                                                       

I really wanted to like this foundation. It is so lightweight and feels like a second skin. It does not slide around your skin and you don't really even have to set it with a powder.and even though it is "sheer", it actually covers up pretty well. Plus you can build up the coverage without making your skin look cakey.

However, I have a few problems with the overall performance of the foundation. Firstly, I have combination skin (dry in most areas and oily around my nose and forehead). I find that this foundation is too dry for me. It does not feel dry on my skin, but it definitely looks dry. Also, the shade SF1 is not the best match for my skin tone. It is too white and it washes me out very badly.


Overall, I would recommend this foundation to people with normal to oily skin. If you have very dry skin, you might want to stay away from this or just try it out and see how it works for you. This is also better for people who do not have too many skin problems. I have a lot of acne scars, and this doesn't cover them very well.


                                                                      Products In Action                                                            

Below is how my skin looks without no makeup. I have a lot of acne scarring and an uneven skin tone.

Below is the foundation on its own:


And I also used this foundation in the two looks below. I think the foundation looks better after 1-2 hours of wear. 

                                                                                Verdict                                                                      

I don't think this is a bad foundation, it is just not a good fit for my dry skin. I am actually sad that this did not work for me because I think it is a great sheer foundation that actually lasts on my skin. Most sheer foundations just melt off my skin! For the price, I think it might be worth checking out for those of you with normal to oily skin.

Rating: 7.5/10

1 comment:

  1. It looks like a really good product, I think I'll check it out myself, thanks! :)

    barbarellamaquill-arte.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^