Friday, March 25, 2011

I Love ラーメン!!

Ramen. When you heard this word, images of instant soup and poor college students swarm your brain. As a college student myself, I know that many of my classmates survive on cheap ramen bowls and cups. I personally adore ramen bowls, not so much the cups ones though.

Being a lover of Japanese food, I guess it is not a big surprise for me to love ramen. But I always wanted really ramen. I craved and dreamed about the day it would be consumed by me. And lucky for me, there is this great ramen shop in Sacramento, CA, which is about a 15 minute drive from my house. Even more lucky for me that my brother and his friend also love ramen.  This small place is called しゅうき[Shouki], and it is the tiniest restaurant ever. It is so cute, it looks like a house. It is so small, but it gets a lt of customers, so recently they opened a new location in Sacramento. I have waited an hour for a bowl of this ramen. It is the closest thing you will get to ramen from Japan.

They serve many types of ramen, as well as Curry Ramen [which is delicious]. They also serve sushi, and they have vegetarian and vegan ramen as well. If you guys live around the Sacramento area, seriously, go to this place! The price for a bowl varies from $6-$11, depending on how big you want the bowl, and if you want extras.  Here are some pictures of different times I have gone:
 This is the Shoyu Ramen, a soy based ramen with pork and extra green onions.
It also has a Naruto [the pink swirly thing].
 You can see the difference in size. The one on the left is a small, and the one one the right is a large, They are both Shoyu.
 The one in the front is a large Soy milk based ramen. That might sound odd, but it is really good. It does not taste like soy milk at all. It has pork, and wheat noddles [You can choose between regular or wheat noddles].
The one next to that is mine. It is a regular Tan Tan Men, which is a soy based ramen that is spicy. I love this one. It is delicious. Then the one next to mine is my friend's. He also had a Tan Tan Men.

This one is a Shio. It is a sea salt based ramen and it has sesame seeds. This one has a very light and almost sea food taste. Very yummy. Then my brother got a Japanese dark beer. It has a very strong taste.
I really recommend this place. I go here at least once every one or two weeks. I love it <3
I will continue to take pictures every time I go.
I hope you enjoyed the delicious ramen ^_^

~Yami<3



6 comments:

  1. Oh my, my tummy's definitely growling.

    I LOVE RAMEN TOO! It's like...my favorite Japanese food to eat. Simple, and so oishii~ :D Which reminds me, it's been super cold here in LA and I still haven't had a hot bowl ofラメン. hmph. Eat extra for me next time. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ramen!! Nyum nyum nyum...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried out the liner but I will def do a review as soon as I've tried it out a couple of times :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i absolutely love ramen! i also like naruto LOL! x)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I think of ramen: Naruto (manga serie) haha

    Anyway.
    I love noodles, ramen anything!
    I prefer fresh soups from a restaurant tho then instant ones but oh well.
    The ramen you had looks verry nice!
    Too bad we don't have an authentic ramen restaurant the place where I'm from (Holland)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^