Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Review: Tom Ford Lipsticks

Salutations fellow makeup lovers!
Before I get to the review, I wanted to quickly state that as of yesterday I started school, and I might be really busy in the next few weeks. My second year in college is coming to an end, and I need to finish my lower division classes for my major.Therefore I need to take a lot of units now so that I will be done with those classes by the end of this school year. I apologize beforehand if I don't post as much, or if my post are shorter than usual. Also, I should be getting my new camera in the next couple of days, so yay!
Okay now for the review...

Tom Ford lipsticks. When they came out, they sold out incredibly fast. It took me about three months after they sold out to get two of their lipsticks from Neiman Marcus. This is, as a matter of fact, the most expensive lipstick I have ever purchased. At $45, it was not an impulse purchase; I thought about buying this for a while. I decided to get them because I did not own many high end products, I still don' own that many. I usually stick to MAC, or cheaper brands from Sephora so this was a little out of my comfort zone.

The two I own are 'Blushed Nude' and 'Pink Dusk.' My favorite is 'Pink Dusk' and the color reminds me a lot of MAC 'Angel' lipstick, only a tad bit darker.

The Packaging
I would be lying if I said that my decision to buy this lipstick was not somewhat influenced by the beauty of the lipstick tube. It is one of the prettiest lipstick tubes I have ever seen. It is so sophisticated, classy yet modern. This definitely challenges Chanel and YSL packaging.
The box the lipstick come in. It got dirty, hehe.

White lacquered tube.
Very sleek.
The top of the tube has 'Tom Ford' engraved.
With the cap removed
Product
The lipstick itself is amazing. Smooth, creamy, opaque, hydrating. It is what I wish the YSL rouge volupte was. Don't get me wrong, I love the Rouge Voluptes, but they have tendency to be drying, and  bleed outside the lip line. These are like a better version of the YSL lippies. The only problem is the color selection. It is very limited, and I really hope they extend their color line. Lasting power is about 4-5 hours on me.
[Left to Right]: Blushed Nude, Pink Dusk



See how the one on the left has 'TF' engraved on the top?

Swatches
Top is 'Blushed Nude'
Bottom is 'Pink Dusk'

Overall
I really love these lipsticks. If it was not for the price, I would buy every shade in the line. But the $45 price tag is really intimidating. If you are a huge fan of high end cosmetics, you must check these out. I know Neiman Marcus sells them, and I think Saks does too.
Thanks for reading! And thanks to all of you who follow my blog, I really appreciate it~

~Yami<3

3 comments:

  1. Wow, $45 IS really expensive for a lipstick!! And funny how they sold out so fast too. I guess people collect them :p Your color choices are great because i can see them being a daily staple although when it comes time to repurchase, it's gonna be another battle.

    Good luck w/your courses :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. eekkkkkkk!!!! those are nice lippies! =D the colors are gorgeous! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, the packaging and shade is gorgeous!!! I love both of them!! Great buy but pretty pricey hey.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^