Saturday, December 31, 2011

EOTD: New Year's Shenanigans!

Not a year goes by that I don't do something stupid or silly on New Year's Eve. My most memorable New Year's shenanigans was a couple of years ago when I spent the holidays in Mexico. Gather round kids, for I am about to tell you one of the stupidest things I have ever done!

     It was about 10 o'clock, two hours before midnight. My family and I usually spent New Years in Mexico, in a crowded plaza with people throwing confetti and fireworks blasting all around; a lively and cheerful scene. But this year was different. We decided to spend New Years in a more quite setting: my grandmother's house. Mostly everyone was talking and lounging around, but I was terribly bored. My cousins and I were disappointed since we wanted to see the fireworks at the plaza, so to try to entertain ourselves, we went outside my grandmother's house which was at the end of town. Next to her house there was many other smaller houses, some farms, and a vast fields of dry grass. We went and sat on the curb in front of my grandmother's house while we talked and joked around. We lit some sparklers, which we has purchased earlier that day. I am not sure how or why it happened, but some of the sparklers we had somehow managed to burn a nearby patch of grass, which then spread. Little by little it spread...
     Next thing we know, the vast field of dry grass is entirely in flames! I was absolutely terrified. To think that I, directly or indirectly, had set the field on fire...it was an incredulous thought. None the less, the fire spread onto other large patches of dry grass, and soon the entire edge of town was lit by the seemingly endless flames.
     Luckily, all the houses in the town were made of brick, and thus the flames did not harm any home. Another lucky thing for us was that the flames only stayed within the vicinity of the dry grass, and it did not spread any where else. No one was harmed, and instead many of being in a state of panic, most people were mesmerized by the flames. May people gathered on the street to watch the blazing fire. No one seemed to care that many fields were on fire and no one tried to put out the fire either. In the end, we learned to be more careful with fire, but we also got one hell of a fireworks show!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Besides the fact that I wanted to share with you all this New Year's story, I also wanted to share this look that was made when I was being silly and having fun. I ordered a few new Fyrinnae colors and I wanted to see what they looked like. I started applying random colors to my eye, then I applied a liner...and yup, a coincidental look!
I merely added mascara and eye liner as a courtesy since I was not going out nor had I intended to do an eye look. I can't even remember what colors I used...but I will try to remember. For sure I know I used Fyrinnae 'Electric Stardust' in the inner corner and Lancome 'Beach Gem' liquid liner in the outer part of the lower lash line.








Have you had a crazy experience on New Years? I know I have had plenty!

6 comments:

  1. wow, sounds so scary I'm glad you and your family weren't harmed

    happy new year! love the shadow ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely <3 this Eye makeup is really beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's a pretty crazy story....I'm just glad to hear that no one or anything was harmed because I can't even imagine how much trouble you would have gotten into >.<

    The look you did is very pretty! I love the green glitter liner on the bottom :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. could you imagine if you went in the history books as the lady who started the great fire???? that's NUTS! glad no one was hurt

    this look is stunning, i love greens :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^