Wednesday, December 7, 2011

November Favorites + Disappointments

Wow, I cannot believe it is December. As we move towards the new year, we also move towards The Dark Side of Beauty's 1st year anniversary! How crazy is that? But more on that later ;D
Here are my favorites for the month of November~




1. Australis Color Inject Mineral Lipstick in 'Limited Edition 1'
Have I bitched about this color enough? I freaking love it. I can go as far as saying that it is my favorite lipstick. And I have a lot of lipsticks. But of course, it is only sold in Australia, and it is limited edition...freaking fantastic *_*
I've used quite a good amount already... T_T
2. Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in 'Bordeaux'
I got this in the beginning of November because a friend of mine gave a me a gift card to Rite Aid, since she knows I love to buy makeup there (I exclude this from my makeup ban since I didn't spend my own money).
I love these glosses. They are smooth, not sticky, and the color payoff is amazing. This color is super nice for this season too. It is a raspberry-wine with beautiful shimmers.


3.Dolly Wink Liquid Liner
I LOVE this. I am sure you guys have seen it before. It seems expensive at first, at $18-$20. But this small pen has lasted me forever. I use it all the time, almost everyday. I have had it since 5/07/2011. Yes exactly that day was the day I received it and started to use it. It has lasted me this long, and it still has a good amount left. I say in a month or so, it will be done.  Besides the fact that it lasts a while, it is also a very pigmented black liner and very precise.


4. Artistry Translucent Powder 
I have told you guys that I hate powder. Powders always make me break out (*cough*MAC*cough), and I gave this one a try since my mom had given it to me. I really like it. I don't use it all the time, but if I do us a powder, it has to be this one. It doesn't break me out, and it is very light on the skin. One thing I hate about it though is that it seems to crack very easily. As you can see, mine is very messed up. I don't have the case for it since my mom gave me a refill so I could try it out.

 Swatches
Australis lipstick    /   Revlon 'Bordeaux'  /    Dolly Wink  /     Translusent Powder

5. ELF Powder Brush
I looove this brush. It is the brush I use for applying my BB Creams and thinner foundations. I use this on a daily basis~ It is really inexpensive but still great quality. I need to buy like 2 or 3 of these, since washing a brush every day gets really annoying.
I had just used it, so sorry for it being dirty @_@
Favorite Look of the Month
I already told you guys that I have been loving this eye look. I have worn it 10+ times this month, which is completely insane. I don't EVER wear an eye look more than twice in one month (except for a simple eyeliner look for the days I am too lazy to apply eyeshadow). Not only that, but I have enjoyed pairing it with the Australis 'Limited Edition 1' lipstick.

Disappointing Product:
When I bough the Revlon 'Bordeaux' lipgloss, I also bought a second Revlon lipgloss. It is the ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in 'Vigorous Violet.' I thought I would like it, since it is Revlon and it is purple. But I ABSOLUTELY hate it. Firstly, it makes the most disgusting sound when you take out or insert the wand in the tube. It is disturbing to even use the lipgloss. Secondly, it smells horrid. I can't even manage to apply the lipgloss on my lips, let alone have on my lips for an extended amount of time. This is supposed to be a "liquid lipstick" but it isn't all that pigmented, and it applies streaky on the lips. And lastly, the lipgloss has a weird texture. It seems gritty to me and I can't stand the way it feels on my lips. I

Have you tried any of these products? What are your favorites for this month?

16 comments:

  1. oh nice picks. too bad the lipgloss didnt work out for you. The pigmentation on the liner looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a beautiful liner, where did you get it from? i have never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard such good things about the Dolly wink liner, I must try it soon. So many cosmetics, so little time! (and $$ lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Revlon Bordeaux looks gorgeous, it's a shame the other Revlon liplgoss didn't work for you ):

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried any of those products but the elf powder brush which i love but nice favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, Revlon Bordeaux is a must get for me now! Gorgeous color I didn't know Revlon had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! I love all the deep beautiful colors you've shown! Dolly Wink seems to be consistently praised! May need to give that one a shot next time I am in the market for a lineR!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice picks :) the elf power brush is amazing! i have two myself haha

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh! I want to try the Dolly Wink liner now and see how it compares to the kpalette one. The line is so black! Love! And the red gloss looks so pretty!!

    Yay for the flat top ELF brush! I use it for BB creams too. Definitely makes the job easy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that Australis lipstick is one of my favourites as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate the formula of those Revlon Colorstay liquid lipsticks, too! I have a shade called Coral Sunrise, or something cheesy like that, which I like enough to not just chuck it out. There is a Maybelline LE Amethyst Ablaze lipstick that might be close to the Australis color, if you can find it :)That Dolly Wink liner freakin' rocks! I got it from Riya (pinkstrawberrieloveyum.blogspot.com)in a swap.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wait, I just realized it's Kpalette, not dollywink >.< sorry

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooo sexxxyyyyyy!!! after reading your favorites review, I want every single product!!! How do u do that Nancy?? They need to pay you the big bucks for the great sales woman that you are!!! oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! Here is the post of my homemade lipbalm http://yolandaas.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-own-chocolate-and-peppermint-lipbalm.html

    Have a good evening x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi yami!! :D
    I love dolly wink liquid eyeliner too! It's great :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Remember a few months ago I said I wanted to get Bordeaux? I got it today at Ulta! Glad I saw your swatch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^