Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Lipstick Compendium: Lime Crime 'Coquette'

For someone who doesn't like nude lipstick, I certainly have a lot of them. Lime Crime 'Coquette' is my newest addition to my nude lippies and has quickly become one of my favorites. I have so many lipsticks because I have been on the search to find my perfect nude lipstick. Most nudes are too brown, to pale, or too peach and they make me look like a zombie. My two favorite nudes are Jemma Kidd's 'English Rose' and Lime Crime 'Coquette'. I think it is safe to say that I will not be purchasing any more nude lipsticks!

Coquette is a light, peachy nude. It is not too pale or too dark and I can imagine it would look good on many skin tones.

Formula
Texture of the lipstick is amazing! This is extremely creamy, smooth, and pigmented. It doesn't have amazing wear, as it only lasts about 2-3 hours on my lips. I like the color and the texture enough to have the patience to re-apply it constantly, though. 

For swatches, refer to my Nude Lipstick Collection.

Bare Lips

With Coquette

FOTD
Face: Artistry Tinted Moisturizer in 'Tint 1'
Lips: Lime Crime 'Coquette'
Cheeks: Illamasqua Cream Pigment 'Androgen'

So for the crappy picture and for my messiness, but I hope you can see that the color is very peachy and not at all zombie/un-dead looking. It is a nude that is incredibly easy to wear, for me at least. I just quickly applied Coquette before, quite literally, rushing out the door. This is not the greatest example of a FOTD, but it will have to do. Of course, I will try to use this in another look. But I hope you get an idea of what it looks like.

If you have any questions about this lipstick, please don't hesitate to ask ^_^

7 comments:

  1. i really want to try lime crime , looks great on you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah this lipstick looks good on you! I'm not a lime crime fan so i wont purchase lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!
    I have tried a whole mess of nude lippies and all of them make me look like shit. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just need it!! :) love how it looks on you

    happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think that i want to buy this as it looks great on you and I JUST clicked off another post that had this as the lippie....pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can see the peachyness you're talking about and it looks really lovely =) I still havent found my perfect nude but I am not desperate yet =D

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks awesome on you... I've heard Lime Crime can be pretty drying, did you find that?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^