Sunday, October 27, 2013

Disney Villains Series: Demona (Gargoyles)

Greetings my glamorous readers!


Hello everyone! I am soooooooo sorry this look is so late. This was supposed the be last week's look, but life has gotten in the way of my blogging. If you wanted to join the Series Challenge, you are welcome to do the Demona or the Dr. Facilier by the end of the month since I am super late on posting my own looks. If you did either of the Demon or Dr. Facilier looks on time, you will get an extra point for that.

Anyways, today's look is inspired by Demona, a villain (sometimes she is sort of an anti-hero) from the Disney cartoon Gargoyles. I grew up watching this show, and I absolutely love it! There are so many Shakespeare references, the story is engaging, and the characters are complex. You won't see many cartoons like this one now a days. The look came out like a bit of a mishmash of different colors, but I hope you enjoy it either way. ^_^

Keep reading more for a pictorial :)



                                                                      Products Used                                                                    
 
 EYES
-Lime Crime Eyeshadow Helper
-Wet n Wild Ultimate Brow Kit
-Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Eyeliner 'Chaos'
-Lime Crime Palettes (various eyeshadows from all four palettes)
-Sugarpill 'Poison Plum' and 'Tako' eyeshadow
-Fyrinnae 'Wake Not the Dead' eyeshadow
-Victorian Disco Cosmetics 'Sailor Galaxia' eyeshadow
-L'oreal Lineur Intense liquid liner
-Ardell #203 Lashes
 
FACE & LIPS
-Lioele Super Gold Snail BB Cream
-MAC 'Eversun' Blush
-Wet n Wild To Reflect Shimmer Palette 'Rose Champagne Glow'
-Pumpkin & Poppy 'Evenstar' Lip Butter


                                                                             Tutorial                                                                        



1. Prime your eye lids.

2. With a blue eyshadow or blue eyeliner, line the "crease" you want to make. I used the Urban Decay eyeliner in 'Chaos'.

3. With a flat brush, apply a purple eyeshadow on the inside of the "crease". I used Sugarpill's 'Poison Plum' eyeshadow.

4. With the same brush, apply a shimmery or glittery purple to represent the magical quality of the gargoyles and of Demona's eternal life. I used Fyrinnae's 'Wake Not the Dead' eyeshadow.



5. With different blue eyeshadows, create a gradient effect of blues above the blue "crease". I used a bunch of different eyeshadows from my Lime Crime palettes. I could have done this step much better! xP
 6. Apply a bronze or gold eyeshadow on the lower lash line. I used a mixture of a black eyeshadow and Victorian Disco Cosmetics 'Sailor Galaxia' eyeshadow.

7. Use a black or blue eyeliner on the waterline. I used Urban Decay's 'Chaos' eyeliner.

8. On the inner corner, apply a bright glowing red to represent Demona's red eyes and blazing anger.

9. Use liquid eyeliner, mascara, and lashes.







10. I also added the little "hands" that the gargoyles have on their wigs on the edge of the "crease". This was my last ditch effort to try to make this look more like Demona. It came out looking hilariously lame!




                                                                           Final Look                                                                   





Have you ever watched Gargoyles? It is an amazing show! Watch the first two seasons if you ever get the chance :) I always liked Demona because she was a complicated villain.

16 comments:

  1. I don't think I have never seen Gargoyles, but i really love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweeet! I love Gargoyles and these colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know if my first comment posted, but I love these colors with your eye color :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Also loved that show!!! Demona was one of my faves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome review! Thanks for sharing love the colors <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome review! Thanks for sharing love the colors <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Gargoyles, it was such a good show! This is a gorgeous look, that Fyrinnae purple is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok girlie, you are rockin' that super blue eyeliner as a crease to frame the purple sparkle shadow, I love it! Great texture blends and look. Keep it up!
    Ciao ciao for now Purty!
    Cherelynn
    http://makeupuniversity.blogspot.com/2013/10/eylure-false-lashes-for-everyday-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool demona makeup!! Great shadows combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love the look but i have to say somehow your makeup looks too nice...I mean Demona is a fierce warrior, a fighter, and your look is kinda delicate

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^