Sunday, August 12, 2012

Return of the Look: Eyes of March

Greetings from the Dark Side!

If you have not read the introduction for the Return of the Look Series, please check it out HERE to see what this is all about! And if you have already read it, then welcome to the first installment!

Today I am going to re-do one of the first looks I made for this blog. There was a challenge called "Eyes of March" and it was basically a 31 day challenge to post a makeup look everyday using different makeup products each time. For one day, I made an orange look. I will be re-creating the look. You can see the original post HERE.


Products Used

Eyes
-Maybelline Color Tattoo 'Fierce & Tangy"
-Rock & Republic Eyeshadow 'Alloy' and 'Scorch'
-Sugarpill 'Love +' Eyeshadow
-L'oreal Lineur Intense liquid liner
-Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil Liner 'Perversion'
-Prestige My Biggest Lashes mascara
-Ardell #102 Demi Lashes
Face & Lips
-Skin79 Oriental Gold BB Cream
-Estee Lauder Blush 'Peach Ombre' 
-MAC 'Whisper of Gilt' Highlighter
-Revlon 'Papaya' ColorBurst Lip Gloss

Eyes of March Tutorial

 1. Apply a primer or base. I decided to use my Maybelline Color Tattoo as both my primer and orange-colored base. This is completely optional though. The base does complement the other shades we will be using very nicely!















 2. Take the R&R eyeshadow in 'Alloy' and place it in the inner half of the eye. You can use any golden-melon colors. MAC 'Melon' pigment would work very nicely. This shade is very illuminating and it brings in a lot of light to the eye. Make sure to pat it in and then blend it in nicely.
 3. With a fluffy brush, apply 'Scorch', a vivid and fiery orange with shimmer, on the outer part of the eye. The trick is to build up the color, and then to slowly and gently blend it in with 'Alloy'. Taper the ends and fade it out. You can use any orange color you desire. But I would go for something vivid that has slight red tones.
4.Finally, apply a mix of the same orange shade with a darker red on the outer half of the lower lash line. I used Sugarpill 'Love +' and mixed it with 'Scorch' to create a redder orange.

Now all that is left is to apply black liner on the waterline, a thick cat-eye liner on the upper lash line, and mascara and lashes. See, that wasn't so difficult!









Finished Look





I personally really love this look on me because it emphasizes my eyes. I don't know if you can really tell in the pictures, but in in person, this makes my eyes look really brown. That is rare because I have such DARK brown eyes they almost look black.
I am really glad I decided to go back and re-do this look. I love it! I will definitely be wearing it more often!!

What do you think about this look? Was it worth a second post?

5 comments:

  1. Beautifulll! I love this look with your eye color and amazing brows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I love orange eyeshadow! You're right - it makes brown eyes look so pretty (also really great on blue and green eyes)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous look ! Orange being my favourite colour, I'll definitely try it on =)

    xxx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange really does suit your dark eyes! And love the coral lippie. Awesome look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^