Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Lipstick Compendium: Unbound Eden Cosmetics 'Fairy Folk' and 'Damsel'

Greetings from the Dark Side! :D
More Unbound Eden Cosmetics reviews! This time I have the new reformulated lipsticks~ These are my first indie lipsticks and I was so excited to try these out!

I purchased two shades: Fairy Folk and Damsel lipsticks. Here is the packaging:




Price and Availability

$14 per lipstick. You can occasionally find sales ( I got mine during a 20% off sale!)

Colors and Swatches


Fairy Folk: a neutral mauve/purple-toned pink.
Damsel: a very peachy nude.






 Products in Action!

Fairy Folk:

Damsel:

Damsel with Lime Crime My Beautiful Rocket Lipstick in the center:

  Review

 These are the first Indie lipsticks I have tried and I am loving them so far!
PROS:
-Individually hand-made, 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
-Fairy Folk smells AMAZING! Like a vanilla/white chocolate smell. Yum!
- Both lipsticks glide on smoothly.
-They are pigmented in just 1-2 swipes.
-They are VERY comparable to MAC lipsticks in formula, Fairy Folk is even better.
-Lasting time is about 3-5 hours.
-Fairy Folk suits my skin tone so well! It is neutral enough for every day wear.
(it is now one of my absolute favorite lipsticks!)

CONS:
-Not the cheapest lipsticks; about the same price as MAC lippies.
-Damsel is not the best looking color on my skin-tone and it can be a bit drying.

If you want to support small businesses, you want vegan/cruelty-free makeup, then I HIGHLY suggest you check these out. I am a fan of MAC lipsticks and I think these are really comparable! I really hope Laura makes more shades because these are simply wonderful!

Ratings
Fairy Folk: 10/10
Damsel:  8/10


 


7 comments:

  1. I like the nude colour!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairy Folk indeed looks amazing! :D I'm so envious because you guys in the US get to try out so many fun and amazing indie makeup labels. :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if I'll buy these for the price, but they appear pretty well on you!

    http://blog.dawnelia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the mauvey one on you :) So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I really like purple-y colors~

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^