Monday, September 12, 2011

Julep 'Stella'

Super quickly, I wanted to swatch the Julep polish from September's Maven box.
I am sorry for the messy application but I was in a hurry @_@

Stella is a mustard yellow creme. It is much more yellow based than brown and it is actually a very wearable color.

Price and Availability
$14 on the Julep website

Formula
I was a little disappointed that this was less pigmented than my other Julep polishes. It was pretty opaque in two coats, but after seeing the photos I think I should have put a third coat. This can be a little blotchy as you might tell from the photos.
The good thing about the formula though is that for a yellow polish it is not too sheer. Therefore, if you are really good at applying polish, two coats should be perfect.

Swatches




Verdict
I like the color, specially for matching with outfits. I don't LOVE it, but it is the best yellow I own so far. I wish it wasn't blotchy and that the color applied smoother. I enjoyed getting it with the monthly subscription, but for $14 I do not recommend it. I think there should be a cheaper alternative.

Rating: 6.5/10
Recommend? No. I honestly don't think it is worth the $14.
Repurchase? No. I don't like it enough to repurchase it.
Thanks for reading~

5 comments:

  1. OMGGGGGG! a gorgeous mustard yellow!
    this is my first sighting of this
    (: love

    <3 BB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a pretty color for the fall since it's not too dark and bold. ^^ I don't know if it'd work well for my yellow skin tone..but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. STELLAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Man, I love that name, and this color is so weird and cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the color looks good on you, but on me, I think it'd look... iffy. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^