Monday, September 26, 2011

Sanrio FOTD: Keroppi

Hello ^_^
This is a continuation of my Sanrio series which is taking me a long time to complete!
The next on the list in Keroppi!~ Keroppi isn't one of my favorites, but he is a super cute little frog.
And just so you know, he was created in 1987.


I like the look I made, although it looks like an avant garde geisha look to me, lol! Here is my inspired look:


Products Used
-MAC 'Painterly' Paint Pot
-Coastal Scents 'Silk White' Gel Liner
-Wet N Wild 'I Dream of Greenie' trio
-Tarina Tarantino 'Candy Cameo' eyeshadow
-Coastal Scents 88 Palette (matte red eyeshadow)
-L'oreal Lineur Intense liquid liner
-MUFE Aqua Eyes black pencil liner 
-Prestige My Blackest Lashes mascara



How to Achieve this Look

  1.  Apply your primer/base to prevent creasing.
  2. Apply a piece of scotch tape on the edge of the eye to create a sharp line for the eyeshadow
  3. Take a crease brush and apply a lime green shade (I used the Eyelid color of the WnW trio) from the crease to just above the crease. Blend, blend, blend!
  4. Then, take a matte white eyeshadow (or in my case I used a white gel liner) and apply it on the lid. 
  5. Then, take a barbie pink shadow (I used Candy Cameo) and apply it on the outside part of the brown bone, just below the eyebrow.
  6. Take the same pink, and apply it on the inside part of the eye just below the eyebrow (Check pictures for reference).
  7. Take a matte white shadow and apply it in the space between the two places you applied the pink (the pink represents Keroppi's flushing cheeks).
  8. Using the lime green, apply it on the lower lash line. 
  9. If you want, you can also apply a matte red in the middle of the lower lash line (representing the red in his shirt).
  10. Apply liner on the water liner, liquid liner, and mascara.

 I was trying to make big eyes to imitate Keroppi's big eyes, but...it didn't really work. Haha.

 Products Used (Face)
-Skin79 Oriental BB Cream (both the bb cream and the cream blush)
-MAC Pink Swoon Blush
-MAC Saint Germain Lipstick

I have no idea why my lips look so puffy!
 This isn't a very wearable look, but these are inspired looks so I can afford to go a little more dramatic :D Hope you enjoy! Thank you so much for reading.

I am sorry if I haven't been commenting on blogs much. I have been very busy with school and I started working as a Reader for one of my professors. So besides posting, I haven't had much time for Blogger. But I will try my best to comment more often because I love reading blog posts ^_^


19 comments:

  1. Wow, you did such a great job with this look. The pop of bright colors is so fun and I had to smile when I saw keroppe. All my friends in junior high used to love this.

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww this is such a cute look!! i've always had a soft spot for keroppi ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cute! Oh my gosh!! Love this look and love your lips too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, adorable!!! Love all of your SANRIO inspired looks. ^^

    Good luck with school!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours are really pretty. :) And I used to carry a Keroppi bag to school when I was a kid, so this is like super nostalgic and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I actually love the bright white on the lid, it really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha so cute!!!!! I love keroropi :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a SPECTACULAR EOTD!!! LOOOVE Keropi too! He is kind of my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love crazy eye makeup looks like this. I always mix it up to keep it interesting. The more colors the better!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whaa! Very Geisha nouveau I agree. I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay! A gamer and a beauty guru! we have something in common :p Aw you are so much better than me, I havent pre order any games for this year! I would love to though, but games these days are so expensive!!! I think you will like Gears 3 !! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fun look!!! I'm excited to see you using girly colors :))) I love you love your dark, demure looks, but this one is so awesome and suits you so well!!! great job lovely :)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGOMGOMG! This is my favorite eye I've seen you do... and it's Keroppi inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously Nancy I feel so repetitive when I comment on you EOTDs but it's only because you haven't had an EOTD I don't like and this certainly isn't an exception :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this! I wasn't a big fan of Keroppi either but I use to draw him a lot since he was so easy to draw! lol I think you did such a great job with the colours...everything is blended to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  16. it works! :D such playful and fun look! you did a great job dear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^