Saturday, September 10, 2011

Review: Jill Stuart Night Jewel Fragrance

Hello ^_^ I hope you are all having a lovely weekend~
Today, I want to review this perfume by Jill Stuart that was given to me as a gift.
*Just keep in mind that I am terrible at describing scents and also that my experince with perfumes is limited to the perfumes I have tried (Calvin Klein, Flowerbomb, Juicy Couture, and a couple others).
The box is so intricately designed~
The top of the box has this awesome design on it~
The cap of the perfume is so pretty!~

Here is what Jill Stuart says of this perfume:

Jill Stuart Night Jewel Eau de Toilette was created by perfumist Alexis Dadier. The scent was inspired by youth and by Parisian nights... a sweet and sexy magic captured in a fragrant, precious jewel. The perfume starts out with fresh notes of bergamot and neroli, features mid notes of rose, jasmine and vanilla, and ends with hints of musk and wood.

Like the day progressing into the night, it then reveals its more sensual middle and end notes of rose, lily of the valley, vanilla, night blooming jasmine, musk and wood. The key element in Night Jewel is night blooming jasmine, also known as spring jasmine which blooms only in May in Grasse, France, and is more sensual with a stronger vanilla tone. 


Price and Availability
For a 50ml bottle this is about $80-$90 and it is available online or in Jill Stuart stores.
I found a website that sells it for $82 HERE

Fragrance Review
I can definitely smell the roses and the jasmine. Maybe I like both the scent of roses and jasmine so I am able to smell them the best. I can also smell the vanilla, but it is a heavier vanilla scent that I am used to.
I am very accustomed  to my everyday perfume, which is Juicy Couture's Viva La Juicy. Viva La Juicy is a very light and lively scent that is perfect for day time.
Night Jewel on the other hand is stronger, so one spray is more than enough and it will last all day and night long. I prefer this scent at night because it is heavier and more "seductive."

The closest thing I have to JS Night Jewel is my Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb perfume. The difference is that Night Jewel has more of a rose scent and the scent is not as heavy as the Flowerbomb. I find that Flowerbomb can be very overpowering, and Night Jewel is not as overpowering.



PROS
~The bottle is incredibly beautiful, and even the box it comes in is beautifully designed
~The scent is really nice for night time (in my opinion)
~Great rose-scented perfume
~One spray goes a long way, so the bottle will last you for a long time

CONS
~Expensive for the amount of perfume
~Difficult to obtain, specially in non-Asian countries
~It is a semi-heavy scent so you have to be careful not to spray too much or else it will be overpowering

Overall
This was a gift, so I don't have to worry about the price. If it wasn't a gift, I don't know if I would have purchased it. I like it a lot, but I really love my Viva La Juicy and I would rather get a bottle of that. But since it was a gift, I will thoroughly enjoy it and use it when I go out at night. Thank you Ayaka for the gift~ :D

Rating: 8/10



13 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fragrance girl, but this sounds up my alley. Hmmm, what to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bottle is enough for me to buy it XD It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful packaging!! I love the smell of roses and jasmine~

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous bottle...i probably wouldn't like it as i don't like floral scents, but it's very pretty for the vanity ;)


    Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I could smell it! heh. It sounds lovely though. :] I like flowery scents~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this while I was on holidays in Asia and as much as I love JS and the packaging, I couldn't make myself pay for it because it's so $$$! Maybe if it was ever on sale....

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving the packaging!! i hope it smells good as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review! The bottle is gorgeous & your blog is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch, it's expensive but gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the comments :D
    It is super pretty, but very expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to try this. It sounds like a romantic perfume and the bottle is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^