Monday, September 5, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge 'Poco A Poco'

Sorry about the delay in the swatches! I will have up Piu Mosso posted tonight @_@

Check out my RBL Haul about Poco A Poco and Piu Mosso HERE
Piu Mosso (Left)   /  Poco A Poco (Right)

Poco A Poco is a mauve-pink  with incredible golden,pink, and purple shimmer. It is soft and feminine, but it still carries a punch of color and uniqueness. The shimmer is subtle in indoor lighting, but in sunlight or any direct light, it looks like the mauve-pink is inflamed in sunlight. The shimmer is absolutely gorgeous, Ji (the owner of RBL) really outdid her self.

Formula
Like all RBL polishes, this has an amazingly smooth formula. It goes opaque in 2 coats. One coat is not all that sheer though, and if you have have nice nails that are not stained, you can pull of one coat. I find that this takes a little bit longer to dry, but that can be fixed by applying a fast drying top coat.

Swatches
*Excuse the mega crappy swatches and that little fiber that got stuck on the nail of my middle finger!






Verdict
I love everything about this polish! I love the color so much. I can't think of any dupes for this, but the closest thing to it would be Essie Demure Vixen. They are similar in that they both are mauve-pinks and have beautiful micro-shimmer. The only thing that bothers me is the drying time of the polish. I am very impatient with the time it takes for polish to dry, and this one takes longer that I would hope.Oh the the price is a factor too. At $18 a bottle, these are very expensive.

Rating: 9.5/10
Recommend? If you are a RBL fan you definitely need this and I recommend it to you!
Repurchase? Well this is limited edition unfortunately, so I don't think I would be able to repurchase it. But I think I should be fine with one bottle of this :D


Check out some other more amazing swatches HERE
What do you think of this color? Do you have any dupes for this shade?

12 comments:

  1. Poco Poco is really nice. I think this would look good as a nail base then add a nail art design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh~ I love that pink shade on you~ Something I would wear for everyday too! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. *gasp* i love poco poco!!!! it's so gorgeous, never seen those polishes around before


    Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmygossshhh sooo pretty!! like its REALLY pretty lol! ahhh I want!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty, but it looks a lot like an OPI black label that I have... I wonder how they compare... And your nails look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous! love all the shimmers in it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love how you capture the nail polish swacth! The shade is so pretty, i never found a shade like that before XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Want. This is *so* gonna happen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^