Thursday, September 29, 2011

EOTD: Neptune Star

Tip of the Day
I always get comments from people telling me that they like how I blend my eyeshadows. Sure, my technique isn't perfect, after all I am not a makeup artist. But, I think I do a decent job at blending. What is my secret? Having the perfect, fluffy, blending brush! Let your brush do all the work for you! I have tried my fair share of blending brushes, and the best one I have ever used is the MAC 217. I have even tried Sigma's dupe brush, but it wasn't the same. I highly recommend you invest in a good blending brush, because it will save you a lot of time and effort. I was very skeptical about buying the 217 (I think I bought mine about 1.5 years ago) and it was the first MAC brush I ever purchased. It is still in great shape after 1.5 years and I use it pretty much every single day. The 217 is also a great multi tasking brush; you can use it for various purposes. If I could only have one eye brush, it would definitely be the 217!~
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another EOTD? Yippie! This was the look I had on today because I was testing out this new eyeshadow. I have totally left behind my project 10 pan and bought 3 of the Revlon diamond lust shadows (They were on sale for $2.49ish!).

The Revlon diamond lust I will use today is the one in the color Neptune Star, which is such a fitting name.
Neptune Star is a blacked blue, with slight green undertones, and a lot of fine holographic glitter.

 *My camera freaked out with the amount of glitter Neptune Star had,so it didn't really capture the true beauty of the eyeshadow. It looks waaaay better in person.

Products Used
-Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
-Revlon diamond lust 'Neptune Star'
-MAC Jealousy Wakes
-MAC Hocus Pocus
-L'oreal Lineur Intense liquid liner
-Yanqina Volumizer mascara

How to Achieve this Look
1.If you are using the Revlon diamond lust, I recommend using a sticky base, or else the glitter won't show up.
2.Apply Neptune Star in the inner 1/3 of he lid. Pack on the color with a flat brush.
3. Apply MAC Jealousy Wakes, or any turquoise or green color, and pat it on the middle 1/3 of the lid.
4.Then, take MAC Hocus Pocus, or any dark brown, grey or black, and apply it on the outer 1/3 of the lid.
5.Make sure to blend the colors just slightly so there are no harsh lines.
6.Apply Hocus Pocus on the lower lash line. 
7.Apply liquid liner and mascara.




I wanted to make this look a little murky and mysterious. I feel that adding the brownish dark gray color makes it look like murky water, adding a little depth and adding emphasis to the sparkle in the inner corner of the eye. And of course you can modify this look to your liking.

17 comments:

  1. I just love your EOTD's! Neptune Star looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Your eyeliner wing looks awesome as well as your blending! I can never make my eyeliner wing even, it always looks weird! My blending brush of choice is a BE one of course, but it came in a kit so of course it isn't sold separately! Waaaahhh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pwetty! :) The 217 is my all time favorite! It was my first MAC brush too and I've had it for 6 years and it's still intact :) I have the sigma dupe as well

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgggg i love this eotd! its funny you talked abt the MAC 217, i've been seriously considering getting it. i think im gonna cave lol the blending brush i have now is ehhh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. is that your secret? i should seriously consider getting one then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I super love that shade! very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful pictures....these outfits are super =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is so gorgeous! love the combo :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. pretty. xo

    p.s. I'm having a necklace giveaway from gigi vintage if you'd like to check it out. :)
    devorelebeaumonstre.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowzer, i love this look! sexy mermaid :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're sooo good at eyemakeup dear! i love how you blended everything! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. pretty!!
    I never use that color!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to get some pixie epoxy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^