Wednesday, December 26, 2012

First Impression: New Maybelline Vivids

Products from 2013 are already popping up in various stores. My recent trip to Walmart ended up in finding various products that are not technically released until January, and yet there they were! One of these finds is the new Maybelline Vivids lip colors. I picked up four of the shades. For my first thoughts on these lip colors stick around :)




I purchased the colors(in order from left to right):
 Shocking Coral, Electric Orange, Vibrant Mandarin, and Brazen Berry.



First Impression:

I was pleasantly surprised to find that these colors are actually VIVID. I was hoping I would not be disappointed by the promise of vivid color, but for the most part these do deliver a great color payoff. I am very glad these are not bright-looking with sheer color and that they actually are colorful! As you can see, I choose three of the orange toned lipsticks. Shocking Coral is a very slightly neon pinky-coral. Electric Orange is a bright true orange. Vivid Mandarin in a red-toned coral. All three have a great color payoff and have a nice silky texture.
The fourth color I chose was a purple lipstick, naturally. I am a purple lipstick junkie! Brazen Berry looks very purple in the tube, and I was surprised to find that this is a very soft purple color. This is both bad and good. It is bad because it is not as vivid in color as the other shades. It is good because this soft purple that is not too overwhelming.

The only other notable aspect of these lipsticks is their smell. These smell exactly like the Maybelline Sensational lipsticks, and I am not a huge fan of the smell. It is a tropical scent which should be fine, but for some reason it bothers me. It is quite overpowering though, so if you are sensitive to scents you might want to be way of these.


15 comments:

  1. The colors is really sweet..! I ever try purple lipstick before.. I'm not rally like those color .. But, may people really love using purple color.. maybe I should try one oneday.. xD

    beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! Great colour choices. I too love purple, so I'd probably get that one anyway, despite not being as bright as the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty purple regardless and great for people who want to try out purple lippies!

      Delete
  3. Ahhh these colors are absolutely gorgeous! I love the purple one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found these today! I only picked up two though. I was also sad that the purple was more toned down

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post! i knew i saw a bunch of Maybelline lipsticks on clearance for a reason (which i bought 3 because well it was like $2! how can i say no)
    i really like the color payoff of these lipsticks :) and the colors are just so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the pigment on these look amazing! Somehow I wish the tubes were the same colour as the lipsticks though, so that they'd be easier to identify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think that would have been better too. Although I think they didn't because they already have the same lipstick tubes with different colors to separate the various lipstick ranges that Maybelline has.

      Delete
  7. Nancy, you are so brave with trying the purple color~

    will you make a tutorial using purple lip? I always wonder how to pull it off

    love,
    hana
    http://beauty-chica.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh these are gorgeous! totally more vivid than I would think. Def. may have to check these out

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow these are actually really pretty! I specifically like the second one in your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look absolutely amazing! I'm so excited for them but then again... products take forever to launch in Singapore lol.
    Would love to see a look featuring the purple and orange soon if possible :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I only like Vivid Mandarin, other shades turn water-y if you apply very much at all. Use a light touch if you want vivid. Maybe the Red Hot would be nice. Once more, a light touch. I apply some on the bottom lip and blot with the top lip to achieve the most color.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment <3 I appreciate every single comment I receive ^_^